Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Just a note: while in Lancaster County, if you ask for pot pie, you will not get a pie. You wil get a chicken stew with noodles in it. That’s what pot pie really is. Yoder’s pies (not pot pies) are really good, but you might want to try Zook’s pies as well. They make chicken, beef, and sausage with cheese. These are the pies most of my Amish friends in Lancaster County buy. These, too, are unbaked and you will want to go back for more.

Bruce
I will be at Zook’s in 4 minutes! Time to stock up.

Bruce
Old 11-09-2018, 07:35 PM   #22

Yoder’s market in New Holland, we brought back 24 half gallons of chocolate milk, at that time the chocolate milk had ten grams of fat to the serve. The last time I was there it only came in low-fat. It’s still in glass containers.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:43 PM   #23

We lived in our 5th wheel for 10 months last year while relocating to the Lancaster area. We visited nearly every campground in the area (especially one's open year-round). We found that we liked White Oak Campground the best. It's in a Amish country setting (between Strasburg & Quarryville) yet just a few miles from all of the attractions. It is well run & maintained. We stayed there from October-March, and were bummed that we never got a chance to enjoy the summer there especially the new pool. We liked the area so much we ended up renting a house just a mile or so from the campground.
Pjs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:50 PM   #24

Last time we were in the area, we stayed at Flory's Cottages and Camping, just north of Route 30 in the heart of Amish Country. My younger brother lives just a 1/2 mile from there. Very nice park, very friendly staff, and lots of memorable sites to visit and see. Try checking out an Amish Farmer's Auction while you are there. Bargains galore. Visit the Strasbourg Railroad, ride the steam train, and see all of the great exhibits from the history of the Pennsylvania Rail Road (PRR). Easy drive to the Gettysburg Battlefield National Monument, something every citizen should see and experience. You will see my Great-Great-Grandfather's house in the village of Gettysburg (Professor Michael Jacobs).
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:26 AM   #25
Green Horn

pinch pond in manheim is a nice camp ground
kevin211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, mpg