Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2017, 12:04 PM   #1

Looking for that perfect campground on a river in Western MD or SW PA or Northern WVA

Me again. I have spend endless hours on rv review.com which I find difficult to understand and every other website as well as spent a day riding around. We have a 32ft travel trailer with 3 slides. We are looking for monthly rentals and if we find that perfect one, a season rental for a campground in the middle to Western MD area that includes South West, PA or the area of WVA that borders the other side of Maryland so Romney, Keyser and out that way. We need to be on a river, either the Potomac, Yough, Monogohelia (prob spelled that wrong) because we are avid fisherman & women and fishing kiyakers and our happy place is the river. Obviously riverfront is prime territory everywhere we are finding and we certainly aren't opposed to come in and wait our turn for that spot but I am having real issue finding a decent campground. It was recommended Wapacomo and I checked that out and was not impressed at all other than the South Branch of the Potomac was there. That said we got on a waiting list. I also checked out Millesons Walnut Grove on a working farm on the river in Springfield WVA and they get no cell service at all so that won't work. Our desire is a decent ground that honestly doesn't look like the lowest of income campgrounds (sorry not to be offensive but you get my drift) and may have other activities when our family comes and preferrably has ATT cell, wifi and cable or the very least is not completely tree covered so we can pick up satellite for the TV end. We were spoiled at Friendship Village in Bedford PA. Although not on a river, such a nice nice place but we were there for a different reason because of location to a daughter. Ideally we'd like to be within 1 hour of Cumberland, MD. I would be thrilled if anyone could offer suggestions. That RV review site just is so confusing to me and I've also found some not on there so I know it doesn't have them all. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
harley0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #2

Check out Little Orleans campground. They only have 16 overnight sites, but we had a very relaxing time there over Mother's Day this year. No reception of any kind, tv, radio, wifi, phone, so it was great. We walked the paw paw tunnel and along the bank of the old towpath. WES at every site and many pull through sites. Lots of "residents" but those are separate from the overnights. Take a peek. FYI, the road in is curvy with a hairpin at the bottom, but that said we did fine pulling a 32 ft Vibe.

2017 Vibe 268RKS
2018 Ram 2500
pbbandpab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:19 PM   #3

We stayed at Yough Lake Campground last year year in our 31.5' Tracer, only W/E but offer pump out service. Area roads are hilly but accessible from I68 and Rte 40. Campground is on Yougheghany River and offers boat ramp, some boat slips and sandy beach for swimming. Bath house clean, but cell phone and antenna reception is poor. Campground convenient to Ohio Pyle for whitewater rafting.

2015 Tracer 3140RSD Touring
2016 Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Blue Ox Swaypro BXW1500
mmangiarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:31 PM   #4

Probably not in the area you're looking at but our camp group just spent this past weekend at Ferry Boat Campsites in Liverpool, PA. The campground borders the Susquehanna River with mountains in the background. There is an old time ferry that goes back and forth from the campsite to Millersburg, a quaint little town with an old fashion hardware store, restaurants, art gallery, etc. Owners had a free Christmas in July dinner Saturday. We will return.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #5

We stayed at the Uniontown KOA last year for a weekend. It is right on the river and the Great Allegheny Passage runs through the place. It was nice and clean u not a ton of activities for kids. We will go back
Mikemiller69gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:34 PM   #6

there one in connelville pa call river edge
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmangiarelli View Post
We stayed at Yough Lake Campground last year year in our 31.5' Tracer, only W/E but offer pump out service. Area roads are hilly but accessible from I68 and Rte 40. Campground is on Yougheghany River and offers boat ramp, some boat slips and sandy beach for swimming. Bath house clean, but cell phone and antenna reception is poor. Campground convenient to Ohio Pyle for whitewater rafting.
that was call tub run until a few yrs a go COE lease it out .I heard its not the same..Or try Ohio Pyle state park
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg