Old 07-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Majeed View Post
Leaving for Massy's Landing this Sunday thru Saturday. A little nervous of all the different reviews we've been hearing.

To anyone that has been there lately, how is the beach area?

Thanks,
Matt
Matt,
when you get there you may want to ask for a discount. My wife just told me that she got an email from Massy's that said if you book two nights they would give you another night free if it was during the week. I will try and look for the email. I think they are hurting a little bit right now. A lot of empty spots.

We were there a few weeks ago and the pool bar was still closed and still not a lot grass growing yet but getting there. Not a problem unless you get a little rain and then it gets muddy quick. Still a lot ticks in the pavilion area were they hold certain events. All in all not a bad place though. We are supposed to go back Labor Day weekend.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roady-Roo View Post
Matt,
when you get there you may want to ask for a discount. My wife just told me that she got an email from Massy's that said if you book two nights they would give you another night free if it was during the week. I will try and look for the email. I think they are hurting a little bit right now. A lot of empty spots.

We were there a few weeks ago and the pool bar was still closed and still not a lot grass growing yet but getting there. Not a problem unless you get a little rain and then it gets muddy quick. Still a lot ticks in the pavilion area were they hold certain events. All in all not a bad place though. We are supposed to go back Labor Day weekend.
I checked with Massy's, apparently you get the discount if you stay 7 nights! That would be great if you can find it. Either way, really appreciate your feedback.

I think I'm more nervous about driving our motorhome on the Bay Bridge!!!

Matt

Old 07-25-2016, 04:52 PM   #13

You will be fine. I drive it everyday. Slow and steady and let the wife do the looking and picture takking. You wouldn't believe the people I see taking pictures and looking around while driving.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2016, 03:12 PM   #14

Give it a year or two....

We stayed a week this past July. Booked a site along the water's edge. Paid a premium price for it, but for me was worth it to see the sunrise on the water each morning! The campground is young so don't expect much shade...bring that canopy for shade! They are no where done with this resort but once it is done, it will be really nice. The current swimming pool isn't big, especially since half the pool is for just the swim up bar. I heard they are working on either enlarging this pool or putting in another one to curb the pool crowding. Like someone else said, be sure you are aware that this is situated on the bay and not the ocean. The shuttle that takes you into Rehoboth is a very nice amenity! When we went, the beach bar was not built yet. They were still waiting on a license. For me, it didn't feel very "resort" like (and I have stayed in resorts in Cancun!). But I was fine with that because we just ended up taking the shuttle into Rehoboth anyway.

MommaHuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:39 PM   #15

Just canceled our stay because of the hurricane coming this way. Was supposed to be a beautiful weekend all the way up until last night. Hanging out in a hybrid camper with 2 German Shepherds while it is pouring and wind blowing like crazy don't sound to fun...

Old 09-02-2016, 09:30 AM   #16

Roady-Roo, curious but how did they handle the reservation? Was there any refund or a substitute for a future weekend due to the storm expected to blow through this weekend?
Old 09-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #17

The wife handled the reservation and said they will put our deposit in a guest account that we could use at another time. Hope that helps.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #18

I think that was the fair thing to do by them. Makes me feel much better about that campground.