Old 07-11-2016, 07:08 AM   #1

Massey's Landing - Delaware

Just returned from a weekend trip to this new campground in Long Neck, Delaware. I must say, very nice location. This was the first campground I have ever stayed in with a Concierge. Beautiful pool, nice Bay Beach setup. I can only imagine how nice the place will be after they get everything finished. My only negative was that the sites were a bit on the small side and that they were a little difficult to get into due to the narrow roads and smaller sites. Overall, one of my most relaxing camping weekends I have had.

Has anyone else has similar luck with this campground.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:31 AM   #2

I was there for the 4th of July weekend and enjoyed my stay but I wouldn't give the place 5 stars. Both the pool and beach were way overcrowded. The beach could use some work, remove all of the reeds, etc. The site themselves could use a little TLC with regard to the grass. I understand that this campground is new and I think I'm a few seasons it will be an amazing place to visit.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:14 AM   #3

We have reservations for 16-18 September! Looking forward to checking out the new CG!

Marty
Old 07-15-2016, 07:39 AM   #4

Krawler and I have camped at nearby Castaways several times, and he's trying Massey's out next month...anxious for more reviews as the place really gets developed.
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:46 AM   #5

We were at Castaways two months ago. Our first time there and we loved it. Stayed in the "Castaway Club" gated area. We made reservations for next year before we even left. That's why we want to check out Massey's. I heard they are related.

Marty
Old 07-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #6

We were impressed with Massey's. Their pricing is about on par with the Yogi up the road in Lincoln and they seem to offer quite a bit more.

One of the things I liked is that there were several staff members on the grounds all the time. Most campgrounds we have been to keep their staffing at minimal levels but Massey's had adequate staffing everywhere except for during the checkout time....probably could have used more people during the mass exodus.

The pool was crowded when we were there...but we were able to find room to enjoy it. The beach wasn't very crowded when we were there though.

I think in a couple of years, this park is going to give the their competitors a real run for their money.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #7

I have been twice a day will be attending during Labor Day weekend. Place is pretty nice and should only get better. Pool is crowded and the pool bar is closed due to something with permits. Not sure when that will get squared away.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #8

Leaving for Massy's Landing this Sunday thru Saturday. A little nervous of all the different reviews we've been hearing.

To anyone that has been there lately, how is the beach area?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-25-2016, 10:30 AM   #9

The beach was nice. Lots of sand and the 5 or so tiki huts that they have at the beach is a nice touch. Only thing you have to remember is that this is not a beach at the ocean (inland water way is where this borders) so there is some plantlife that is located there. All in all, for the price, there does seem to be a lot that they do offer.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:45 AM   #10

Thanks. Our kids are 6 and 3 so I'm thinking as long as there is clean sand for them to build sandcastles they will be in heaven