Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 05:28 PM   #1

Monson or Springfield, Mass.

My job is taking me to this region. I know only a few parks in this region will stay open year round. The job should last till the end of the year. I will the stuck driving as DW will have to take son to school.

Any help will greatly appreciated. Found one till November in monson not sure of the name right now will have to ask DW. Pulling out of wheeling, WV to there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:06 PM   #2

DW said sunsetview is the CG.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #3

I would go to the KOA in Springfield and look from there.
Not sure what campground open year round in Massachusetts or until mid winter Dec/ Jan.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:06 PM   #4

Thanks will have DW check into it. There is a yogi but a transit park two weeks at a time. Who is staying in the cold for two weeks. You need to skirt the trailer and get a pup of propane delivered. And move on before seasonal kicks in.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:32 AM   #5

http://www.snowbirdrvtrails.com/offseason.htm
Check out this web site
Not many open year round, you might have to commute abit. The ones open are generally for winter sports in the area.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #6

Koa is actually in Westhampton which is an hour from Springfield, they were pretty good. Have not been to sunsetview yet, I was looking into it for a few weeks from now, and a friend really liked. Don't know how late in the season you can get around here most places are closing up around Columbus day-Halloween time.

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
Koa is actually in Westhampton which is an hour from Springfield, they were pretty good. Have not been to sunsetview yet, I was looking into it for a few weeks from now, and a friend really liked. Don't know how late in the season you can get around here most places are closing up around Columbus day-Halloween time.

Will check on it. Found one open year round in Plainfield and that close to where I will be working tomorrow. This electrical line makes your job move around a lot more.

The CG seems nice. A lot of seasonal sites. Neighbors had a fire and could hear talking but not understand what they were saying but well before quiet time. No issues with me. Clean and quiet so far. Gone 10+ hrs a day. Saw the turkeys walk thru this morning.

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1442275780.826877.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  81.5 KB

Old 09-14-2015, 08:09 PM   #8

Yogi's is in Sturbridge, about 30 - 45 min from spfld. We did a Spring thing there where you stayed from 4/1 to father's day. From Memorial weekend on things got loud and noisy. Doesn't sound like you'll have those issue for off season to really off season. Sunsetview is a small family owned cg. So, end of season would be really quiet. I really doubt they have water much after Columbus weekend. My parents had a seasonal there for a few years back in the 70's. Water was shut off and blown out the tuesday after Columbus day.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:44 PM   #9

The yogi is a transit park. Like a state park just two weeks at a time. Haven't had time to see if that's the case for sure. I don't want to do the one to two drive each way but son needs a home base for school as home school is not the option at this point at time. Hate to pay camper payment and have to rent a place to stay but one vehicle is paid off next month to off set the camper and lot rent could be applied to renting of had too. Thanks for the info and will keep posted how things turn out. Pretty sure God knows much more than I do. He provides for the birds but the birds do have to get up and look for the food.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #10

Have you checked out Yogi's yet? Before it was Yogi's it was called pine lake. My parents did a season there once. Lots of fishing. LOTS of fishing. I got my father hooked (pun intended). We'd be out on the lake from Dawn til dusk..
Old 09-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post
Have you checked out Yogi's yet? Before it was Yogi's it was called pine lake. My parents did a season there once. Lots of fishing. LOTS of fishing. I got my father hooked (pun intended). We'd be out on the lake from Dawn til dusk..

If the one around Sturbridge it's a transit park. Only can stay two weeks at a time.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #12

Website says transient and seasonal. $175 /mo for off season. But that says weekends.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #13

There is also Prospect Mtn., about 1/2 hr west of Springfield. Been there in the spring and it's very nice but don't know if it's open year round, but they do have a lot of seasonal sites. good luck!
glfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #14

Update. Thanks for all the help. Was not able to find an apartment for us. Not signing a lease when company can ship you to NH. Have worked up to the NY line, CT a bunch in in Mass, and up to Loundon, NH. 300 miles/day.

The owners have been great at sunsetview park. They have allowed us to have a spot till January. Water will be the tricky thing as this the further north I have stay and not able to insulate the hydrant the way they have it.

January I will go to NY and start clearing the ever so popular pipeline project coming this way. That will be a n apartment due to the length of job and you know where you will work every day.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpipeliner View Post
Update. Thanks for all the help. Was not able to find an apartment for us. Not signing a lease when company can ship you to NH. Have worked up to the NY line, CT a bunch in in Mass, and up to Loundon, NH. 300 miles/day.

The owners have been great at sunsetview park. They have allowed us to have a spot till January. Water will be the tricky thing as this the further north I have stay and not able to insulate the hydrant the way they have it.

January I will go to NY and start clearing the ever so popular pipeline project coming this way. That will be a n apartment due to the length of job and you know where you will work every day.

How are things going with this mild weather we are having? I'm guessing water hasn't been a problem. I'm ready to de-winterize and head out.

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #16

It's been great. Glad not to see snow. Hopefully I will be gone before it sticks. I wouldn't worry about the water till around 27 or lower. Only a hand full of them.