Old 12-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #41
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
As another Buckeye, which route do you guys take and from which parts of Ohio. I'm just north of Dayton on I-75 corridor.
I live on the east side of Columbus. I took Rt33S to 77 to 74. Taking 33 instead of 70E to 77S saves about an hour.

2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L Powerstroke
pwrstroke2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #42
Professional Curmudgeon
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
Thanks for the info. We are doing a Sunday to Sunday trip, so hopefully traffic isn't too bad. Btw, how's the cover working out for you?
No, it shouldn't, but you can pretty much forget about eating at any Cracker Barrel!

The cover has worked out really well. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
I did put it on by myself, which was an adventure.
There was a bit of excess at the front, mostly because of the shape of my TT, I'm sure, but I simply folded it up like you would the wrapping paper on a present and sealed the overlaps with awning repair tape, which has withstood a lot of rain, winds that knocked down trees, and snow.
I have unzipped it for access a couple times. My driveway drops away very quickly, which makes it difficult to reach the top of the zipper at the wheels, but my real complaint is the zipper doesn't have a gripper on the inside, makes it difficult to close behind me when I go out to the camper to hide.
I also bought a can of tennis balls not realizing they only come three to a can. So I messed around trying to find a single tennis ball here at my house or down at my in-laws. No such luck, so I broke down and bought another can of them. When I took the cover out of the container, I found a tennis ball you had left, cut and everything! So now I have spares.
I see no reason this cover won't last for several years to come.

I also installed the BAL stabilizers. Initially, I put one on each rear scissor jack pointing toward the front of the camper. As it is stored, the rear jacks are really extended. I noticed an improvement in shaking, but not enough, so I went ahead and installed the second set of bars reaching towards centerline. Shake is virtually eliminated. If I jump up and down, I can get the window blinds to move a bit, but that's all give in the suspension. Normal moving about inside does not shake it at all. I did have to take the mounting brackets off the rods and reverse them to attach to my frame the way I wanted, but simple hand tools did the job. I am very pleased with how they installed and how well they work. Thanks for that, too!

2014 Coachmen Catalina 253RKS
2016 Keystone Summerland Mini 1750RD
2012 F250 Lariat 6.2L Crew Cab FX4
Reese dual cam SC/WDH
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #43
Looks nice. Glad they are working out for you.
2016 Forester 3171DS Class C Motorhome
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Toad
1993 Mustang 5.0 Notch 5-speed
Chewie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #44
We always stayed at Pirate land and we had a 34' Rockwood 8314ss.
If want to go there call Pirate land and let them know what size rig you have,I am sure they will set you up.
This is the place to go if you golf carts. We stayed the first two week in July there is a lot of action.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #45
Anyone ever stay at Mrytle Beach State Park?
2014 Puma 23FB
2012 Dodge Ram
Ruger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #46
I did the second time I went to Myrtle Beach. Beautiful, quiet, calm. No golf carts. wi-fi at the campstore. Roomy sites and what? 30 bucks a night or something like that.
First time I went and stayed at pirate land. Completely the opposite and spent almost the entire week trying to get out and in another but everything was booked other than the other so called resorts.
If the state park is what you want you'd better start making reservations yesterday. Site 60 is extremely nice on a corner with door facing the road and close enough to the store to get wi-fi.
'15 F150 Ecoboost Maxtow Scab '13 Freedom Exp. 233RBS
Days camped 2016 53,
Days camped 2015 33,
Days camped 2014 47,

Years camping....50
dbarr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #47
ending to mrytle beach

I am currently staying in rv park until aug. 2014 carollwoods rv park in tabor city, just 20 min. From the beach. Quiet, great people, winehouse, go on their website......tabor city nc carrollwoods rv and grapesisters winery. LENGTH NO ISSUE'S......FIREPIT ON SITE.....NOT A CONCRETE SITE....I HAVE A 40 FOOT. BEEN HERE SINCE AUG. 2013.
cbauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #48
Just returned yesterday from a week at the State Park! Stayed on Site 101 with my Forester. Had a campfire about every night and a few smores Enjoyed the long walks on the beach with the wife and doggies. Nice campground host and overall a great vacation. I was able to reserve a site over the internet a week out from our trip with no problems during the off-season. We drove through Pirateland and it seems to be a nice park also but cost a little more than the MBSP. They also have military discounts unlike MBSP. We enjoyed the park and its location to MB center.

ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #49
We're currently in Pirateland and stayed on Oceanlakes in October. Your rig sounds big enough that you won't need to use the public showers-so with that said, Pirateland may offer the room you'll need. We've been off season to both and OL seems like you're packed in a can of sardines. But OL has remodeled and very nice bathhouses. PL are not so great. OL is a bit more pricey and it shows! PL doesn't have as much ambience. We're here just for the beach, which has been great-we just take long walks on it. In PL, you'll pay extra for the longer sites and they are on concrete pads-we're on one now as there had been lots of rain and the sites were muddy/sandy mud!Debbie
HarleyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #50
Be sure to look at Huntington Beach State Park. We're there now and Love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forest River Forums mobile app

bmp is offline   Reply With Quote