Old 07-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
Not trying to be an ad, we have been going to OL for about 20 years so................

Many don't like OL in the Summer as on the waterfront road lots of Golf Car Traffic (almost 900 sites) not so much in the off season....... After Nov. 1st their rates drop to around $35 before tax.....
All sites are pull through....... they have many concrete pad sites (over 300) $5 extra nightly.... The DW loves the concrete pads. Rec Center / Indoor Pool/ Small Putt Putt, Snack Bar, Grocery Store, Laundry, Golf Car Rental, RV store. Concrete pads are the width (length) of the site x about 20' (their width & length always are confusing)........ Their web site gives individual site sizes & if there is a tree or what ever on the site......even how far from the beach....... (Sites average about 40x 30 some bigger some smaller) ....... If you do look there I can tell you some areas to stay away from.
Pets allowed with "bully" breed restrictions.

Regardless where you stay I can tell you we have been going to Myrtle Beach at Thanksgiving for 3 years and can not complain it has overall been a very nice trip & time away with the family...............Our kids are grown , away in their 20s, this year (last week with the grandson (4 months) was the best ever) We have two more weeks at Myrtle Beach reserved before the end of the year.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
Just Love to Camp
Well I go to MBTP heading there is 10 days to be exact. for 17days

Never been to OL.

Love MBTP. If you go to the XLR thread there is a pic of my rig from the air.

We have friend that go every year for Thanksgiving and the love it.

There is a cabana on every site for shade. Large campground and even a woods section but it I is a little further away from the beach. They do have a nice indoor pool. Arcade etc....

Also to give you a idea our rig is spec at 43'4" long with three slides and we go when the place is full and feel that we have plenty of room.

Down side no golf cart unless electric with Dr note.

But like the fact of no crazy teens driving with my kids on bikes

Good luck in your decision

Camped 54 Night 2012
XLR Thunderbolt 386*12
"Bertha The LeadSled" is her name

2012 F450
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
Have to agree with the ocean lakes crowd as we have spent the last 4 Thanksgivings there, concrete pads, and seems to be more room than other campgrounds we have stayed at. As far as the weather go for it there is enough to do to stay occupied even if is is a little chilly.
Pitcrew18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
Site Team
Surprised you can still find a spot. I'm in SoCal and have reservations for that week. My work schedule just changed so now I am searching for Plan B. The good news is that we get our regular pay reinstated.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote