Old 06-08-2015, 02:26 PM   #1

Myrtle Beach in Oct

Wife and I are looking at a trip mid october couple questions
How is the weather that time of year
Just me and the wife what are a couple good campground with things to do close by

Old 06-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #2

Need more info... What do you like to do? Ocean front CG? Want full hookups, etc. or something more primitive? Myrtle Beach area has about anything you want and typically October is a nice month to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #3

Weather is hot during the day not 90 degrees but hot nice at sundown there are a line of campgrounds Ocean lakes Pirate land myrtle beach state park at least 2 more in this 5 mile area

Old 06-08-2015, 08:31 PM   #4

seeing we are new to this I would like to stay with a full hookup. 50amp service would be nice seeing if its hot I can run both air conditioners. Never been to there so it would be nice to be centrally located to walk most everywhere. looking for a campground nice pool can short walk to beach not bringing grandkids so a little less kids oriented
Old 06-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #5

October in Myrtle Beach

October as others have said is a great time to visit Myrtle Beach. Our favorite campgrounds are Ocean Lakes and Lakewood. Both campgrounds are on the Ocean and have a central location.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:49 PM   #6

We love Ocean Lakes but I would stay away in October unless with the kids. They have grown to 3 Halloween weekends in October & are fun for being with the Grand kids but not if you just want top be alone.......

The best weather usually is October probably in the 80s not overly hot but our favorite time to go.....

Ocean Lakes , Lakewood,< and Pirate Land are not centrally located.

Many like Myrtle Beach Travel Park

These are all on the ocean.

Realize these are not small campgrounds & walking is not necessarily easy or possible to venues outside of the campground.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #7

The Koa would be closer to little beach shops probably but still not a great location it would be the worst of all the places mentioned as far as the campground it self travl park would be next closest still to far to walk just take the car and go where u want all campgrounds in this area are within 5 miles of Boardwalk if that's what you want myrtle beach is really spread out in each direction for many miles

Old 06-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #8

We go to Ocean Lakes late in September and stay into October every year and then store our 5 er there, come back for a week around Christmas, come back for a few days in March and bring it home for the summer.
Weather is great, water still warm, and crowds are much smaller with the kids back in school.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #9

We would go in a minute in October. The weather will not be hot but very nice. You might need AC during the day and turn it off at night. We stay Ocean lakes and Travel Park both are nice Cg's and but neither is centrally located but you can get most anywhere from either. Travel park is North Myrtle Beach and Ocean Lakes is south end. with several in between. One is also on the intracoastal Waterway. They Are all nice with different things for different folks. We have stayed at all of them one time or the other except Lakewood. BUT keep going back to Ocean Lakes. We will stay there the week of Thanksgiving for 9 days. We just stayed there in May for Harley Bike week and we enjoyed our stay. I have stayed in March, April, May, June, August, September and November. So we have covered most months. The weather can be anything at anytime. Just plan ahead and enjoy. Haven't stayed in July as that is the busiest time of the year but any day from Memorial day till after Labor day it is BUSY at them all.
have fun
randy
Old 06-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #10

We prefer Ocean Lakes. Why? Because we can reserve a site with a concrete pad. This helps to keep 90% of the sand out of the camper.

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote