Old 12-17-2010, 02:26 AM   #11

Going in March, I can't believe you'd have a problem. May thru Sept. is definetly reservation time. Been going to Lakewood in the summer for years. We drove thru Ocean Lakes one year, but thought the sites were a bit smaller than Lakewood. Stayed at Pirateland one year,too, and they definetly had us crammed in. If you're interested, there is also a State park campground right up the road. Wanted to go in to check the place out one year, but the nice lady at the gate told me we had to pay the full daily fee to go in and look, declined to do that, so never went back. There is also a KOA in town, and there are a few more campgrounds in North Myrtle also. Think one is Fort Apache, can't remember the other one. That's at least 7 I know of, so I think you ought to be able to find something.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #12

check out RV Park Reviews :: Home

Old 01-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #13

We love Myrtle beach state park

We stayed at Myrtle beach state park which is wonderful. It is much cheaper than the other campgrounds in the area. The campground is right on the ocean so it is veery convienent. I always go to RV Park Reviews :: Home to see what others think about campgrounds I have never been to.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #14

Myrtle beach state park Can't beat it.
2001 H-D Dyna
Honda 2000i
Champion gen 4000
buccello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #15

Been there many times - stayed at Lakewood, PirateLand - always very happy - not cheap but worth the proximity to the beach and all the services: full hookups, wifi and cable TV. I think MB State Park - while very nice we drove through a few times - has little or no sites with full hookups and limits stays or something.

Booked already for 2 weeks next July at Ocean Lakes.

Services are great everywhere - staff kind and full of attention most places.

As a Canadian I feel at home with the very many other Canucks there in the summertime.

Lakewood has this no alcohol policy - but as long as you're discreet - you're good to go - my wife and I enjoy a glass of wine - or two, and cold beer in the warm summer days.

Wherever you go - you could always be next to jerks or bums - that is the world we live in.

We've been fortunate to date.

Much to do in MB: golf, shopping, eating, sun bathing, meeting interesting people, enjoying life.
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We've been to Myrtle Beach Travel Park on 2 occassions, Ocean Lakes last Summer and will be at Lakewood this coming June 18 - 25. I'm not a golfer but do enjoy my seafood and there's plenty of great places close by. All of the places we have stayed have been excellent. We wouldn't hesitate to return to either one, but also like to try something different. Any comments of Lakewood would be greatly appreciated. It's a snowy misserable day here in MD so just thinking about Myrtle Beach in June makes we feel a bit better. Now I'm hungry for Crab Legs though!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #17

We go to Myrtle Beach Travel Park every February with a group of friends, sometimes with just four or five of us, and sometimes as many as 20. We've never needed a reservation in February. Ocean Lakes is also nice and seems very similar to Myrtle Beach Travel Park. We've stayed at Ocean Lakes once. Both are very convenient to all the attractions, and both have campsites right next the beach, with just a sand berm between you and beach proper, or there are also shaded sites.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We've been to Myrtle Beach Travel Park on 2 occassions, Ocean Lakes last Summer and will be at Lakewood this coming June 18 - 25. I'm not a golfer but do enjoy my seafood and there's plenty of great places close by. All of the places we have stayed have been excellent. We wouldn't hesitate to return to either one, but also like to try something different. Any comments of Lakewood would be greatly appreciated. It's a snowy misserable day here in MD so just thinking about Myrtle Beach in June makes we feel a bit better. Now I'm hungry for Crab Legs though!!!!!
Another seafood fanatic here. We favor the Sea Captain's House and Chesapeake House, plus Captain Nance's up in Calabash. On a three-night stay, I'll eat seafood every night.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #19

We've stayed a Myrtle Beach many many times. Wife likes it because you are right on the beach (just dunes in between you and beach but can still see the ocean from many of the sites). Have stayed at Lakewood one time. Willowtree is my favorite been there several times ( I like the fact that you have plenty of room). They have some sites called buddy sites where campers doors face each other. But even these sites have plenty of room. Stayed in one one time with a friend and they complained about how far they had to walk just to come over and visit us. If I were going to stay at Willowtree I would call ahead because with the large sites they don't have near as many. Oh and you are only about 15 minutes from Myrtle Beach and all the tourist.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #20
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Another seafood fanatic here. We favor the Sea Captain's House and Chesapeake House, plus Captain Nance's up in Calabash. On a three-night stay, I'll eat seafood every night.
We like Crabby Mikes and Captain Georges as well as Phillips. We eat at each one during our week long vacation at Myrtle Beach.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote