Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #21

We personally like to camp on the south side of Myrtle beach at Lakewood! Lakewood Campground
Lakewood , and Ocean Lakes, Pirateland are next to each other and share the same nice beach. We have stayed at Lakewood and Ocean Lakes but never Pirateland. We like Lakewoods location of the pool , pavilion, indoor pool, all down on the beach. We like the golf carts. If you don’t like people and kids driving them around then you will NOT like Lakewood. We don’t like to stay near the outdoor pool (because of all the golf cart traffic in this area) though and we ask for a Beachfront campsite on down closer to outdoor pool. We also ask for a campsite that our camper door faces the ocean so we are not facing the sun in the evening.
Years ago we stayed at Myrtle Beach travel Park Campground (on north side )a couple of times, and we drove thru it last year.
Myrtle Beach Travel Park Campground
It is ever bit as nice as the three above that I have mentioned, maybe even nicer. It has a nice beach . It would be closer to all the northside attractions of course. We just don’t stay there now because they don’t allow golf carts. We like to have one because of my daughters 2 yr old son. Years ago they used to drive a tractor and wagon on the back around to take people back and forth from beach. If you were in the very back, like we were one year…. it was a very long walk . You learned quickly not to take much to the beach! LOL
We stayed at Apache last year. It was our last choice and only one available for July 4. It is an older and smaller campground . Sites are small, although bigger campers than ours (33 ft) was there. Had an outdoor pool , a kids playground, Small store, golf carts, nice beach. Staff was very friendly and nice. They have a fishing pier that is nice to walk on or fish from if you pay. We had a real good time. But… we just didn’t like the campground as well as the others mentioned above. Its still my last choice.
We have never camped at the State Parks in Myrtle Beach. We have visited them during the day. Huntington Beach has beautiful beach if only to visit!
http://www.huntingtonbeachstatepark.net/
We go shelling at Huntington Beach.

Myrtle beach State Park
http://www.myrtlebeachstatepark.net/

I don’t know which of these State Parks have the best camping or remember how far you have to walk to get to the beach.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #22

My family went last year to Myrtle Beach State park with reservations. It is very close to some of the other parks that were mentioned. We had a nice shady spot walking distance from beach and beautiful very old Oak tree shaded beach front playground and picnic area. Will definitely be going back.
jmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:57 AM   #23

Me and my friends stayed Myrtle beach state park on last year. Its amazing and full of fun place. Comfortable and not more expensive also best service and location. We thinking to go again this year.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #24

I'm staying at Lakewood right now and so far so good. I made reservations about a week ago and the check in was very easy and quick. My site is very close to the indoor pool and hot tub and boy is it hot. Feels good this time of year though. I'm also very close to the beach (probably 50 yards) and ocean (can hear the waves crashing) and the wife and I are planning on catching the sunrise in the morning with some coffee on the beach. This is our first time out this year and I spent some time dewinterizing the travel trailor, it's a 34 ft Flagstaff Classic with 2 slideouts. We purchased it in August and have had it out about 7-8 times. I just joined the forum and am looking forward to sharing the good, bad and ugly of RVing!!!
UKTOPDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKTOPDOG View Post
I'm staying at Lakewood right now and so far so good. I made reservations about a week ago and the check in was very easy and quick. My site is very close to the indoor pool and hot tub and boy is it hot. Feels good this time of year though. I'm also very close to the beach (probably 50 yards) and ocean (can hear the waves crashing) and the wife and I are planning on catching the sunrise in the morning with some coffee on the beach. This is our first time out this year and I spent some time dewinterizing the travel trailor, it's a 34 ft Flagstaff Classic with 2 slideouts. We purchased it in August and have had it out about 7-8 times. I just joined the forum and am looking forward to sharing the good, bad and ugly of RVing!!!
to the forum, there is a lot of Good, some Bad and not too much of Ugly. You pick the right forum and we like pic, so as a newbie here that's your job. pic, pic, pic.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #26

Pics for sure once I figure out how to post them. Got up this morning and got some great pics of the sunrise and enjoying the sun, surf, and sand right now.
UKTOPDOG is offline   Reply With Quote