Old 03-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #11
Mystic CT campground recommendations

We actually go to FoxWoods and park it in the parking lot for free. You can put out the slides and it is great if your not looking for a campground. You can run a generator and no one bothers you. They will let you stay up to 7 days. We use it as a home base from time to time. They have a shuttle bus that runs every 20 minutes right to the area, great if you want to gamble or get something to eat. Just a thought. We also stayed at Aces High. Not much there at the time (5 + years ago) but clean and quiet.

jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #12
I've expanded my search to be about 30 miles to the north. Will put us a little closer to meeting up with family. Anyone ever stayed at Nelson's Family Campground? How about Odetah Camping Resort? We are possibly visiting the area in mid to late April. Looks like lots of campgrounds up there don't even open till May, so not as many options.

David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #13
You're right, it a hard to find campgrounds around here that early. Odetah is right next to route 2. If you get a site next to the highway it'll be loud, but other than that I've heard good things about it. My in laws stayed there and loved it. I've never heard about Nelson's.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forest River Forums mobile app
2010 Dodge 1500 (5.7 Hemi w/tow package)
2013 Mini Lite 2109s
2013 Night camped: 21
2014 Nights Camped: 15
ld_engnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #14
not sure if you found anything but I live in CT and don't go to hammonasset state park, that 'park' is party central especially during holiday weekends. I just booked a place up in RI names Whispering Pines and its not that far from Mystic. (my first time staying there though so I have no feedback on it)
2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 GMC Crew Cab Duramax All Terrain
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:31 AM   #15
Engineer of Crazy Train
There is a new park under construction. It is called Ashaway RV resort.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the FRF mobile app.
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:46 AM   #16
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
Looking for a campground in the Mystic CT area. I have a 38ft 5th wheel. Any recommendations?
We typically stay at Seaport Campground and like it. May do it again this year.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #17
Just wanted to add a clarification to what bagged123 said above. Yes, Hammonasset was busy with lots of people (we were there on 4th of July weekend) - but it wasn't a bunch of drunks partying - it was family friendly with lots of kids playing on the playground and playing ball in the fields with each other. Pretty friendly atmosphere and not at all intimidating for young kids. It's busy, yes. Not a quiet and peaceful park if you're looking to "get away" on your own or are an older couple that don't like kids running around - but it was great for our family with kids 8 and 10, who by the way - go to bed pretty early. It was quiet enough to sleep after quiet time - which was 10 or 11 o'clock if I recall.
The Nutter Family
2015 Solera 24R
knutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #18
Seaport campground is great! They have decent size sites, nice pool, great activities. I think talking to them directly
Is better. Call that number and ask to speak to someone at seaport campground then make your reservations

99mustangcobra is offline   Reply With Quote