Old 05-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #11
Last fall we stayed at Pine Mountain RV Camp in Pigeon Forge, TN. Super clean, nice people and easy to get in and out for that area. It is a bit pricey but offers a Good Sam discount. We liked it so much we were scheduled to go there again earlier this month but had to cancel due to family illness.

vinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #12
Just Love to Camp
In Virginia right off the parkway. Misty Mountain Camp Resort in Greenwood Virginia. Less than a mile off of 64

Camped 54 Night 2012
XLR Thunderbolt 386*12
"Bertha The LeadSled" is her name

2012 F450
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #13
Nice. Hope the weather is good.
Ford F-150 4X4
2015 Flagstaff Micro Lite FRBS
2013 Flagstaff "A" Frame - Traded Up.
Camping Days 2013 - 24
Camping Days 2014 - 21
Projected Camping Days 2015 - 30
Loneeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #14
I stayed in Pine Mountain RV Resort a couple years ago, and I was very impressed. The campground is top notch, the pool is great, and the bathrooms are the best I've seen..

It's on the east side of Pigeon Forge. The Smoky Mountains area is huge, so it depends on where you're looking to setup your base. Pine Mountain is far enough away from the touristy stuff to be an issue.. It's a quick drive into the park area, but depending on where you're going, your drive may be an hour or more..
2013 Salem 26TBUD
2010 Sequoia, P3, Equal-i-zer

2 Kids
sequoiaguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:51 PM   #15
I'll 3rd the Pine Mountain suggestion. It is our favorite camping spot in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, but I really don't like the area.....the kids do.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:31 PM   #16
Somewhat related info...Maggie Valley is the home of the"famous"
Wheels Through Time museum. Over 300 different antique motorcycles and one of the best of it's type in the USA. Dale Walksler and son run this collection. I say RUN because they actually start and run these beautiful pieces of antiquity. These are motorcycles that have been ridden!!
They are NOT like many museums where bikes are drained and preserved for beauty.
He (Dale) is there most of the time.
Put this on your must see list! It is inexpensive admission and a memory builder. It is family friendly, not a biker hang out and no bar near it.
Last time we were there, Dale took my Down Syndrome son on a thrill ride over his several acres in a WWII Army motorcycle with a sidecar!!
I have been to the famous Peterson Museum in California and HALL OF FAME motorcycle museum in Pickerington, Ohio. This is better!! You can "touch" many of these classics!!
Photography was never a problem in past visits.
U.S. Army Signal Corps motto:
Think; Go; Do.

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, location