Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2016, 06:55 PM   #1

Need suggestions for Buffalo, NY

I am planning a trip for September and would like to spend a day in Buffalo and the US side of Niagara Falls. Any suggestions for a nice campground in the area?
Old 06-01-2016, 06:20 AM   #2

None listed in Buffalo but the closest ones are listed here
Buffalo, NY Campground Reviews - Best of Buffalo Camping - RV Park Reviews
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:14 AM   #3

Depends upon what kind of campgrounds you like. Four Mile Creek State Park is a nice campground. Easy drive to the falls and you can stop at Fort Niagara on your way to or from the falls. Also, if you camp in a NYS campground, you get free entrance to all (?) other NYS parks (at least last I knew). When we stayed at Four Mile Creek a couple of years ago we got into Fort Niagara park for free (had to pay for entrance to the fort) and parking at Niagara Falls was free as well. Nice to save a few $$ here and there. Never drove into Buffalo (we live in Rochester so no point for us) but it's not "that" far ... I suppose.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:17 AM   #4

The closest campgrounds to Buffalo are on Grand Island, about 8-10 outside the downtown city area. One would be a KOA that I pass on the 190 once or twice a week on the way to work that seems like tight spots and close to the highway, however it gets good reviews. The other on G.I. is Branches on Niagara which also gets very good reviews for its sites and being peaceful. Both offer an easy ride into Buffalo, 15 minutes tops. The previous suggested Four Mile Creek State Park in Youngstown, NY is one of my favorite local cg. Again, good suggestions from the other post offering things to do near Four Mile. About a 30-40 ride from Buffalo but close to the charming town of Lewiston (8 miles) that offers some nice dinning options on a quaint Main St.. Also a good supermarket, brew pub, shopping and great restaurant/bar overlooking the Niagara River. To the south of the city (G.I. and 4 Mile are north) Evangola State Park would be about the closet you'll get to Buffalo, about 30 miles outside of the city, or a 35 minute ride in. Nice state campground on the shore of Lake Erie. A few beach bars near by but not much more, especially if looking for something to do. East of Buffalo would be another state park, Darien Lake. Large quiet campground about 30 miles down route 20 from the city center. Probably would be the longest ride into town of the three state parks passing through several small towns on the way. Good Luck with your visit, Buffalo is enjoying a bit of a renaissance, especially its water front area called Canalside. The weather should be beautiful in September.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #5

Falls Tourism

The Canadian side is much nicer. Parkland from Fort Erie to above the Falls.
Very tourist friendly, with things to see and do.
On the American side you get to See (and smell) chemical plants etc.
john.tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacklem View Post
I am planning a trip for September and would like to spend a day in Buffalo and the US side of Niagara Falls. Any suggestions for a nice campground in the area?
We stayed at AA Motel and RV Park a small park has w/d and showers. I think it is on Niagara Blvd about half way between Buffalo and Niagara Falls.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:15 PM   #7

Buffalo

Am at Branches on Grand Island right now. Expensive. Well designed and laid out, large well spaced sites. Maintenance could be better for the price. Quiet, no chemical plant smells. We would definitely stay here again. Go for it, you'll like it.
Maineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:27 PM   #8

Four Mile Creek campground gets my vote

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.tucson View Post
The Canadian side is much nicer. Parkland from Fort Erie to above the Falls.
Very tourist friendly, with things to see and do.
On the American side you get to See (and smell) chemical plants etc.
I completely disagree with this statement. I have been to Niagara Falls (the falls and the City) and stayed at Four Mile Creek many times and have never smelled or seen any chemical plant.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:19 PM   #10
ARLO

Grand island KOA is nice
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:04 PM   #11

Four Mile Creek campground is one pretty campground and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't smell anything bad there. I want to go back soon

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote