Old 07-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #1

Need your input on nice RV park in FL

Joy and I are trying to find a nice RV park to stay in, a few months this winter in Florida. This is our first time going to Florida and our First time wanting to stay the winter away from home. We are asking if anyone knows of any nice RV resort/parks that you recommend. Please let us know. Thanks Mike
scottsrvfun@yahoo.com

Old 07-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #2

If you like the Ocean/beach on the east coast of Florida. I highly recommend Jetty Park. It is due east of Orlando on rt 528 called "beach line". Five miles east of I 95. Great place to watch cruise ships in and out at Port Canaveral. Rocket launches from Kennedy Space Center ( no more shuttle launches). Direct beach access from CG. This is the best beach along the East Coast of Fl IMHO. I Have been a snow bird there for twenty seven consecutive winters. Lots to do, easy access to Orlando attractions etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forum
Poper

Old 07-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #3

As for me, I would want to be further south for the Florida winter. I went to college for four years in Melbourne and the winters were to cold. My parents spent 21 winters in Hollywood and the weather was great there. I would want to be from Palm Beach and south. It gets busy on the eastern lower coast but there is lots to do. If I wanted it more peace full, the Gulf Coast say some were near Ft. Myers or Naples. Good Luck

d Luck
Old 07-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #4

Papabear53 - there are several nice places to stay in Florida so first decide where you want to visit. Then I recommend using a Park Review site like Reviews of RV Parks and Campgrounds - RV Park Reviews to see what is close to the city and what review other RV'ers have given those parks.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #5

Do you know what part of FL you are looking at?

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #6

Paging OldCoot to the white courtesy phone

Welcome to the Forums PapaBear, from Huntsville, AL...OldCoot winters over in FL every year)
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #7
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
As for me, I would want to be further south for the Florida winter. I went to college for four years in Melbourne and the winters were to cold. My parents spent 21 winters in Hollywood and the weather was great there. I would want to be from Palm Beach and south. It gets busy on the eastern lower coast but there is lots to do. If I wanted it more peace full, the Gulf Coast say some were near Ft. Myers or Naples. Good Luck

d Luck
X2 for location with consistent warm winter weather!
Best FL winters were spent during my time living in West Palm Beach...shorts and sandals everyday!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #8

check out zonecamping.com thousand trails and they have 3 parks here in Florida. $525 for the year, plus $3 for each night after 30 days. The state parks are wonderful. Take you pick, but get reservations in early. This place gets pack down here. I think 2 weeks at any state park and then you have to move on to the next. We live near Tampa and Snowbirds come in. We rent our house out for $1700 per month and have renters waiting. We travel to Los Angeles area and spend winter with the kids. Start planning now.
We are driving a Dodge Durango and pulling a Evergreen G269FK. We also have two Cairn Terriers. 2 Champion Generators. This year, planning on 6 months in our Evergreen visiting, California, Michigan, and Ohio. We live in Florida. Grandkids, and dogs are why we camp. Also have a Hensley Hitch which that eliminates all sway. Pricey, but worth it.
Tampajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #9

I like Emerald Beach RV park in Navarre, Fl., it is on the intercoastal side and takes a 2 minutes to cross bridge and be on beach. Not a lot of people during winter months....