Old 01-17-2015, 07:27 PM   #1

New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Myself and dw is thinking about going to and camping at the NASCAR race in NH on July 19, 2015. We have never been to any race before so I will need lots of advice. I need to make it as pleasant as possible because I know I will want to go again....and again!!! We will be coming out of Labrador City, Nfld so we will have a nice long trip which will include a train ride for the TV and fw, a plane ride for dw, dd and myself and a ferry ride. I dare say we will need a generator, a full tank of water and empty sewer when we arrive and all the food and drink for 4 or 5 days. What else will we need? What is the best area to camp? Where should we try to get seating for the race? Anything else we should plan while we are there? (I do know about there great liquor stores). We will not be in any rush so if we are in the area for a few extra days would not be an issue. Thanks for any comments or advice.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 01-22-2015, 08:12 PM   #2

Anyone???

Old 01-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Haven't been to HN race, but I will assume it is similar to others, Gen, full tank of water empty tank of everything else. Probably will not do a lot of going in and out. Also get plenty of sleep before you go, Not much sleeping once you are there.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:35 AM   #4

Me and my wife have a hybrid trailer and have gone for years. We have done both full hookup and dry camping. When dry camping it's good to know / find out if the grounds have water and dump area nearby. It's not always the best idea to ride down the road with hundreds of pounds of water in the tanks. That will make getting there and leaving easier and more piece of mind. when you need to use a shower, it's better if you can get a spot closer to the bathhouse that is provided for convenience. Also you won't want to use your bathroom for #2 unless it's an urgent need, use the bath house or pre-order a Porta John for your site if your allowed. Otherwise you can use the sanitary truck that will drove around, or just call to have your tanks sucked out. It's around $35. Now a generator will be a must as you'll find your battery won't last very long and depending on what comforts and entertainment you choose, you'll need to bring extra gas too. Be courteous of your neighbors with your generator placement and it's sound and fumes. For the most part everyone does listen to the quiet hours in the family type campgrounds, however the infields and private off track grounds can be a different story from year to year and campground to campground. If you have any other specific concerns or questions about NASCAR camping, let me know here or on PM. The wife and I love it. It's always a good time no matter what happens. I don't know much about Loudoun specifically but know that sitting closer is not better. You usually can't see the cars as they go in front of you from the high walls. Usually I'd look at the track map and see what seats cost what and figure out which ones are better for the action and viewing. It also is a good idea to just call the tracks ticket office, as you usually will find their staff very helpful in answering the questions of what's the best deal, seat, areas to camp in. They usually give you their honest opinion. Good luck! We are going to the coke 600 in Charlotte this year... as we do every year. Looks like only one race this year though for us.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:41 AM   #5

Been attending NHMS for 15 years...camping the last 2.
Seating is personal preference. We like to sit in the middle of turn 3 and 4. This allows you to see most of the track without constantly turning your head and we enjoy the entrance to turn 3 action. But if you enjoy watching pit road action then the front stretch is the place for you. In my opinion get a seat as far to the top as you can afford.

Camping is also personal preference. They changed the rules at NHMS this year and all camping is reserved so better call soon to get your preference. It used to be if you showed up on opening day, you got your choice, but not anymore. We camp in lot S6 in a place called the cove. It is quite popular so fills quick. We like it because it is close to the track, quiet, and lots of trees to block wind. But if you are into a 24x7 party scene, there are the non-family lots that really get rockin' and also S9 lot that is on the main drag that isn't so much a rockin' party but never sleeps. We like to walk to the party but know we can go "home" to some quiet.
As far as what to bring, we seem to never have enough water. But remember that the more water you use, the more often you have to have the honey wagon pump you out. The water truck, honey wagon and Ice truck start their rounds on Thursday before the race and continue through Saturday.

I will post more later if I think of things.

Enjoy!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #6

Thanks for all the info! I certainly will be using it!

Old 04-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #7

Thevosmans I am going also with the DW and grandkids . Looking forward to camping went to Charlotte and Pocono last year , like camping in the infield ! Will post camping info when I get it

2008 Georgetown XL 378 TS
Jack Durney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman77 View Post
Been attending NHMS for 15 years...camping the last 2.
Seating is personal preference. We like to sit in the middle of turn 3 and 4. This allows you to see most of the track without constantly turning your head and we enjoy the entrance to turn 3 action. But if you enjoy watching pit road action then the front stretch is the place for you. In my opinion get a seat as far to the top as you can afford.

Camping is also personal preference. They changed the rules at NHMS this year and all camping is reserved so better call soon to get your preference. It used to be if you showed up on opening day, you got your choice, but not anymore. We camp in lot S6 in a place called the cove. It is quite popular so fills quick. We like it because it is close to the track, quiet, and lots of trees to block wind. But if you are into a 24x7 party scene, there are the non-family lots that really get rockin' and also S9 lot that is on the main drag that isn't so much a rockin' party but never sleeps. We like to walk to the party but know we can go "home" to some quiet.
As far as what to bring, we seem to never have enough water. But remember that the more water you use, the more often you have to have the honey wagon pump you out. The water truck, honey wagon and Ice truck start their rounds on Thursday before the race and continue through Saturday.

I will post more later if I think of things.

Enjoy!
I used to camp there many years ago soon after it opened up. I am a bit surprised they require reservations now. Interesting.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Durney View Post
Thevosmans I am going also with the DW and grandkids . Looking forward to camping went to Charlotte and Pocono last year , like camping in the infield ! Will post camping info when I get it

Sounds good Jack!

Old 06-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevosmans View Post
Sounds good Jack!

Thevosmans got my tickets for New Hamp we will be camping in lot S9 Row 7 lot 10 not pulling I'm till about 8-9 pm Sat . We are going to The Dirty Dozen Brass Band Concert in Vermont Sat afternoon hope to see you there

2008 Georgetown XL 378 TS
Jack Durney is offline   Reply With Quote