Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #21
Happy Camper

We are actually leaving this weekend, July 5th to be exact! Pulling out at 1am headed to the lundys lane KOA
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #22

Stayed there once (and I'm born and raised nearby). Indoor pool area is deafening, but handy to other places in the Niagara Region once you're parked. Yes, gas costs more (a litre is equivalent to a quart, so multiply gas prices by 4 to get the U-S value. Also...go to your own bank to buy Canadian currency in advance. Should be worth about $1.09 Cdn per U-S dollar. Closer you get to the Falls (on the Canadian side), the more expensive just about everything is. Regardless of which way you go across the border points (Rainbow is best), take no firearms, produce (fruits/vegs), or meats of any kind. TIP: Don't encroach the "portal" by even a foot until the vehicle ahead moves out of the inspection booth area. Enjoy!

2004 Grand Surveyor by Forest River
26 ft. with Sofa Slide purchased in 2013
Upgrade from 2004 8 ft. Flagstaff by Forest River
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer View Post
We are actually leaving this weekend, July 5th to be exact! Pulling out at 1am headed to the lundys lane KOA

Deerslayer

That's the same place we are staying. Lundy's Lane. Any feedback you can provide via IM will be great.
Thank you and enjoy your Holiday.

"Live" so that when your children hear the words Ethics, Integrity or Honor, they would think of You.

USMC - Semper Fi
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #24
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosrod View Post
Deerslayer

That's the same place we are staying. Lundy's Lane. Any feedback you can provide via IM will be great.
Thank you and enjoy your Holiday.

"Live" so that when your children hear the words Ethics, Integrity or Honor, they would think of You.
Wow that's crazy we will be staying at the same place. I sure will send you some feedback, however, it will have to wait till some time late next Saturday or sunday as I will be turning my phone off at the border and not turning it back on until we come back across into the states. I am not paying the international charges, my wife is adding the $10.00 plan to her phone so if there are any emergencies we can still be reached.

I have seen mostly good reviews on the campground, most of the bad ones were from people who stayed in cabins or when it rained pretty hard and had muddy sites, that's just camping.
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #25

Thats also where we stayed. The day before we arrived, they had a lot of rain, so most of the campground was muddy. They put us in a site that was straight in from the parking lot, and it let me drop the ramp for the motorcycle, so it was great. The people there are friendly and helpful; the pool is old but very very clean; the bathrooms are older but also clean; WiFi worked good. The only negative is the gentlemen's club across the street, which basically didn't concern me, other than one night when the 'boys' sat in the parking lot with their sound system cracked up complete with subwofers thumping until the wee hours, the other nights were not like that. Its an easy drive to the falls... beautiful town, too. Plenty to do and see and places to have fun with the family. We took a nice drive on the bike around the lake... Lakeshore or Shoreline Dr., not sure, but it was a nice ride. The Tim Horton's are outstanding.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #26

Regardless of vehicle type (motorcycle, bike, car), the Niagara Parkway is a great drive, from Lock One of the Welland Canal in St. Catharines (to the north) all the way through Niagara-on-the-Lake and Queenston to the Fort Erie/Peace Bridge. Very scenic and historic (former War of 1812 forts; sorry about the outcome to our American cousins). If you continue on (by car, motorcycle) to Port Colborne, head north again along the Welland Canal past the twin flight locks/observation decks in Thorold and the various bridges, skyways and locks. lots of places to stop, relax, water the dog, watch steamships, freighters and ocean-goers go by (they're massive!). Good eats all the way back to Lock One where you began...that'll take up your day. Or do it in reverse if that's more convenient. Enjoy...Nowhere else like it in the world.

2004 Grand Surveyor by Forest River
26 ft. with Sofa Slide purchased in 2013
Upgrade from 2004 8 ft. Flagstaff by Forest River
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #27

Watch out for over pass hights on the American side several were 12 foot. So watch for signs. On Canadian side there is an RV parking lot that provides a bus to main area.
The Canadian side was a lot nicer.
Agree turn phone data off before you get near the border, the towers you get signal from don't care.
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
Regardless of vehicle type (motorcycle, bike, car), the Niagara Parkway is a great drive, from Lock One of the Welland Canal in St. Catharines (to the north) all the way through Niagara-on-the-Lake and Queenston to the Fort Erie/Peace Bridge. Very scenic and historic (former War of 1812 forts; sorry about the outcome to our American cousins). If you continue on (by car, motorcycle) to Port Colborne, head north again along the Welland Canal past the twin flight locks/observation decks in Thorold and the various bridges, skyways and locks. lots of places to stop, relax, water the dog, watch steamships, freighters and ocean-goers go by (they're massive!). Good eats all the way back to Lock One where you began...that'll take up your day. Or do it in reverse if that's more convenient. Enjoy...Nowhere else like it in the world.
What outcome! We are the best of neighbors (spelled correctly). And we will always protect you guys. Happy Canada Day, and our Independence day from England.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #29

When we went last year for the rally I made the mistake of not turning engine off, needless to say when you pull up turn it off, oh and don't forget to take off your sunglasses if you have them on, he was very stem with me, but all and all we pretty much went right through, he also asked me at least 8 different ways of why I wasn't carrying my weapons in the 5th wheel or on me,
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada