Old 04-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #1

Niagra falls

We will be going to Niagara falls and staying at four mile state park for two days and one night. My question is can we pull a trailer rockwood 8316 around the falls area or should we plan on going to campsite first. Is there room to park around the falls with our setup. We don't plan on doing much around the falls other than seeing them. We will be on the us side by the way.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #2

I live in Niagara Falls and I recommend leaving your trailer at the park. There are a lot of one way streets and parking lots that would be harder too navigate pulling a trailer.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #3

The main road leading from the Falls toward the campsite (Robert Moses Parkway) does not allow commercial traffic. There are a couple of low walkways over the highway. If your trailer is tall, you might not have enough clearance.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #4

Thanks - how far is four mile park from the main falls area. Mapped figured 30-40 mins. Also thoughts on four mile park
Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #5

The park is 20-30 minutes from the Falls if you travel the Robert Moses Parkway. Four Mile is a New York State Park so the sites have electric service only. Water is available at various spots throughout the park. I usually bring long hoses to fill up as needed for a long stay. The park is very clean and open. There are not a lot of trees and the sites are very large. You will not have a wooded private site, but the sites are spread out and roomy. The park itself does not have a lot of activities but you can swim at Fort Niagara State Park up the road. If you are interested in history, the Fort itself is very interesting. The villages of Lewiston and Youngstown are quaint little villages with some nice shops and restaurants. The Maid of the Mist and Jet boat ride in the rapids are always big attractions for the Falls.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
MI Camperz

I've been to the falls about 4 times. If you're going in spring/summer, definetely leave camper at park. There is parking near the falls. A hike if you don't get there early. Also, there you can catch a shuttle to other attractions such as the white water gorge, or the ski lift over the river, etc. All very reasonably priced by Ontario Province. I prefer the Canadian Side for views and things to do, but the American Side has a great park which gives you more of a side/behind view of the falls and the river leading to the falls. Have fun. The falls area has so much to do including excellent wine touring.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #7

Thanks! The stay will just be a stop over as we head east. Enough to let the kids see the falls. We don't plan on doing more than sleeping at the park and heading out early the next am for our trek eastward. The history sound neat as I'm kind of a history nerd. Awesome info thanks