Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #1

Nice Trip Planner

I am planning a trip from Orlando, FL to Waveland, MS, and I was looking for a nice trip planner that would allow me to a) set my own speed limit (60 MPH), b) find waypoints for fuel and/or food along our route, and c) let me set a duration for each waypoint. This would give me a schedule that I could use to really plan my trip properly. I'm traveling with two young children and my goal is to keep them as comfortable as possible, and with the proper planning I'm optimistic that I can do so. I also need to make sure that I have fuel stops properly timed and spaced, and of course stops for me to walk around and ensure I'm safely alert. In the TV I use Google Navigation with my handsfree mode, bluetooth communications, all operating within the iBolt Dock'n Drive platform. But, Google Maps doesn't have these feature requirements available. I ended up finding an online trip planner that is free, not overloaded with ads, and pretty easy to use. I've never heard of it, and I have no association with it - I'm just sharing this because I think it might be a nice tool for others. Oh yeah - it also has an Android App that loads the maps into Google Navigation - that was what sealed the deal for me. Here is the website:

https://trips.furkot.com/ui
Nights Out YTD - 17 (6 Trips)
Travel Companions - DW, DS (5) & DS (1)
VicD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:57 AM   #2

Pretty cool website. Thanks!
Peace n Quiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
Always Learning

From your description, that sounds pretty snazzy. I'll take a look at it!

I usually use Google Maps and just eyeball distances traveled for each day. We're usually stuck with highway/interstate travel. For fuel stops, I just use truck stops. But, this website sounds pretty neat.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I use MS's streets and trips, but it's a 2005 version and a little outdated, not to mention it doesn't push to any portable devices since my old iPaq died. (Remember those?)

I'll have to check the site out and see if it provides what I'm used to with S&T.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #5

I use Microsoft Streets and Trips 2013. I had an older version (2009 I think) and finally downloaded the newest last year. You can set you own speed, enter stops and set the duration, set how many hours you want to drive in a day, and other stuff I can't remember. It also has a GPS tool but you have to have a separate GPS antenna. I use the computer version and am not sure if there is a smart phone version. There may be better programs out there, but Streets and Trips has worked for me.
rburns4147 is offline   Reply With Quote