Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2015, 07:44 AM   #1

November Campsites

Heading to New Orleans early November from Central New York. Does anyone know of open campsites near Cleveland Ohio after Nov. 1?
flamingo139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #2

There are 2 that I know if, one closer to Erie, PA, the other closer to Cleveland.

The one close to Erie is Camp Sherwin. It's a YMCA camp, pretty basic but with full hookups. It's on a bluff right above Lake Erie and the camping there in November is awesome - the air smells of grapes! There are wooden steps that take you right down to the lake shore. We have stayed there in November so I know they are open, but you may want to call to see how late into November. I don't think they are open year round.

YMCA of Greater Erie

The campground closer to Cleveland is Indian Creek Resort in Geneva-On-The-Lake, OH. It's a really nice resort place that has a lot of permies, but is open year round.

https://www.sunrvresorts.com/Communi...ials.aspx#open

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #3

Thanks Sharps. Will try to get closer to Cleveland than Erie. We camped at Indian Creek last spring on our return from Kansas City. It was a little to fancy for our taste, but I can see that in November we can't be too choosy above the Mason Dixon line. There are a few Ohio Turnpike rest areas that have one night hook up that is a last resort. Never tried a WalMart and hope we never do.
flamingo139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #4

I googled the OH state parks, and the website says most are open year round for camping. There is a state park in Geneva, OH as well that is really nice. Perhaps you could try calling them to see if the campsites are available or just the cabins. I know our state park near where we have our RV is open for cabin rentals only year round. The campground closes in mid-October.

http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/geneva#reserve

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote