Old 06-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #11
We've stayed at both Camp Hatteras and Ocean Waves. I'm not aware of any campgrounds in the Duck area. At CH we prefer the sound side area because you can see the water. The dunes on the ocean side prevent this. Waves is much smaller and family operated. It fills up really fast. Fishermen love it because you just hike over the dune and you're at the surf line. Have fun

twiggw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #12
Camp Hatteras or KOA are going to be your nicest on OBX however they are towards the south on Hatteras Island. In middle of summer you're looking at a good 45min to 1 hour drive to get up far north to Corolla. Closest nice campground to Corolla would be in Kitty Hawk at OBX campground here.. OBX Campground | RV Park located on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Probably 25 - 30 min drive from there.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
2015 Flagstaff Shamrock 21DK

skidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #13
I spent a week at the KOA in Rodanthe last year Very nice. Close to food stores, restraunts if you want. The picture on my profile was takes there. A double rainbow over the ocean. Awesome to watch it grow from nothing.
Ford F-150 4X4
2015 Flagstaff Micro Lite FRBS
2013 Flagstaff "A" Frame - Traded Up.
Camping Days 2013 - 24
Camping Days 2014 - 21
Projected Camping Days 2015 - 30
Loneeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #14
Kitty Hawk in 2 weeks

Renting same home (6th time in 10 years) at Kitty Hawk in 2 weeks but will be checking out campgrounds for a future trip with our Brookstone 360RL.

Thanks for all the great tips....
Nick, Sharon and Finnigan
Nick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #15
Thanks Everyone.. Sorry for taking so long in responding as I haven't been online for a couple of weeks. Sounds like a couple of good suggestions here so we'll check them out. We're heading to Myrtle Beach this year and OBX next year.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions...
John & Janine
Pazzo (Maltese)
New Brighton, PA.
2014 Georgetown 328 TSF
2012 Jayco Eagle Supe Lite 308 RETS (Seasonal Site)
2013 Jeep Rubicon with Mods..
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #16
Just back from OBX

Just got back from a week at OBX last night, rental house though, no camping. We went down to Rodanthe and checked out several campgrounds, the Good Sam campground was the nicest of the bunch with big lots, concrete pads, roomy and sites on the sound or ocean side. If I were going to camp at OBX this would be it.

On the way home DW and I discussed camping at OBX and decided likely not, it's a long haul from Cincinnati, even by car. Maybe one day we will work up the nerve for a long trip like this.

It was so hot last week, heat index reached over 104 so likely even dual AC would not keep up. Felt sorry for the tent and popup campers in the heat.
Nick, Sharon and Finnigan
Nick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #17
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1014.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	80945I like Frisco Woods CG. Very nice people who own it. It's clean, has a great pool, and its on Pamlico Sound. You can't beat the sunsets. It draws people from the campground every night to watch the sunset.
obxfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #18
Frisco Woods Campground is an excellent place to stay. I go to OBX a few times a year and stay there each time. The staff is very friendly. The grounds, pool, and bath house are clean and well maintained.
propbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:01 PM   #19
I second Ocean Waves CG. Very friendly, nice and quiet, plenty of shaded lots if you want it, full hookups, clean facilities, and SUPER easy beach access. Watch the sunrise in the AM over the ocean and go across the street for dinner to watch the sunset over the sound. Good prices too.

There is a KOA just up the road but it's basically a parking lot with hookups, some neat activities for the kids but it's not my type of camping.

TheJamo is offline   Reply With Quote