Old 01-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #11

I know nothing about the Jellystone campground in Elmer NJ, but I have been to Elmer NJ. Just not sure what would be attractive about the area for a vacation visit. I would call it flat, boring, and not very close to the beach, which is the main reason to visit south Jersey.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:17 PM   #12

We took the younger grandchildren to a Jellystone in Louisiana and found it to be pricey, there were a lot of activities for the children. The main reason I wouldn't go back is that this particular park sold day passes to the public, the pool and water activities were very crowded and the day pass parents were not present to supervise their children.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #13

While i agree that yogi campgrounds can be expensive. All the ones i have been to had a lot of activities. And where some of the nicest and cleanest campgrounds Ive been to. When i stayed at the Yogi in Gardner. There was alot for the kids to do. Yes it could get noisey by the waterpark but there also have a separate pool. we stayed in site 52 riverside it was far enough from main buildings that during the week all we could hear was the river flowing by.If i could figure out how to post pics i would to show how nice and big the campsites are
Old 01-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #14

Jellystone Gardiner

I have taken my nieces and nephews to Jellystone in Gardiner for the past two years. ( 3 twelve year olds and 3 14 year olds) The novelty of camping and being together made it an awesome experience for them. I do feel that it is expensive. The water park and 2 pools ( 1 salt water)are beautiful but they can get quite crowded. "Camps" as well as the general public can come in and pay use the facilities. Beside the pool is a bar and grill which is a nice place for the adults to enjoy. There are activities that adults, young ones and tweens enjoy. Laser tag is offered at an additional price. Both times we stayed along the river and our particular sites had access to the water. Some sites are nearly impossible or difficult to get to the river. Sadly, last year the bacteria levels in the river were high and we could not go in the water. Our stay was during the less crowded week which I was thankful for because the sites are very close together! There is no privacy at all (trees, bushes...) They also added many more sites up behind the pool. Again, too close for my liking and no privacy. The staff were very friendly and helpful! The facilities are kept nice and clean. The "general store" is well stocked! The surrounding area is lovely and offers plenty of hiking (Minnewaska) and opportunities to explore.
Hope this was helpful.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #15

i enjoyed the jellysotne in western ny, but based on your kids ages, i agree it might not be the best place.

check out Lake George RV park in Lake George NY. 2.5 hours from CT...although i guess it depends where in CT. but it is a great place and might be better suited for your family...we loved it. especially great if you have a dog.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:28 AM   #16
Camper

I have been to the Jellystone in Greenfield Park, NY. It was a couple years ago. One of the best camping trips we have ever had. The water park was brand new at the time. Lots of thing to do there. It is more expensive than your standard state campground or even some private campgrounds but when you get there and see the grounds, the activities and amenities offered you will realize it is worth it, especially for kids. It is pet friendly too.

We did so many activities that I could go on and on. Highly recommended.

I have also been to Lake George RV Park last year. It was nice but not on the same level as Jellystone as far as kids activities goes.

I hope to get to that Strawberry campground in CT this year. I hear it is awesome.

TV - 2006 F350 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #17

Took our 4yo granddaughter, mom and dad to Jellystone in Delaware. Park was fine a bit barren, landscaping needs a few years to grow, but overall she had a great time. Pool, play yard, games, outside night movies kept her happy and busy. It was HOT, house air never shut off. Sites and hookups were fine. Yogi, Cindi and BooBoo Bear made many appearances.

LTRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:38 AM   #18

We have two daughters, currently 13 and 10. We have stayed in 3-different Jellystones and the girls have enjoyed them. There are lots of things for them to do, but I "camp" to NOT have things to do.

I found the Jellystone's to be crowded with little space between sites, loud since you had so many children there, and the kids couldn't agree on what they wanted to do next and they are pricey.

Now, my girls are usually perfectly satisfied to have a pool, good WIFI (for movies and apps) and a nice campfire.

Jellystone's are good for a once in a while treat, but we really enjoy a good campsite where we have water access (for kayaks), a pool for a good swim and plenty of room in our site with neighbors more than 30 feet away.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo20 View Post
i enjoyed the jellysotne in western ny, but based on your kids ages, i agree it might not be the best place.

check out Lake George RV park in Lake George NY. 2.5 hours from CT...although i guess it depends where in CT. but it is a great place and might be better suited for your family...we loved it. especially great if you have a dog.
We have gotten SO many recommendations for the Lake George RV park it's most DEFINITELY on our list!!! :-D
We lost both our dogs this year but we have new kittens, maybe they'll enjoy camping ;-)

2009 Palomino Mustang Pop-Up
Upgrading this spring to a Grey Wolf 23DBH or 26DBH
AmandaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post

I hope to get to that Strawberry campground in CT this year. I hear it is awesome.
If you are able to make it to Strawberry Park and like to be close to the pool, etc May I suggest site 64W if you're able to snag it? It's our favorite!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64W pic 1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	475.6 KB
ID:	160341   Click image for larger version

Name:	64W pic 2.jpg
Size:	525.1 KB
ID:	160342   Click image for larger version

Name:	64W pic 3.jpg