Old 01-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #1

Opinions Regarding Jellystone properties

We're considering trying one of the Jellystone properties this season. Being in Connecticut there are (I believe) three within reasonable distance. Sturbridge, MA; Gardner, NY and Greenfield Park, NY. We MAY be open to the Elmer, NJ and Quarryville, PA locations but those are a bit far for a first trip with a new camper.

I'm looking for pros and cons of these locations. We travel with two kids 12 and 16 at the time of travel. Both of whom like to swim (in pools only) and probably would love wifi or teen activities. We like lazy rivers and the like.

Hubby Jamie and I like to have an adult area to hang out for a bit, perhaps a hot tub, adult activities, Live music, etc. Jamie would enjoy some fishing as well.

Pull through sites or roomy and/or grassy site preferred.

Any feedback appreciated!

Old 01-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #2

Have been to the Quarryville one and two others that are not on your list (they would be even farther away). I can give you some information on the chain in general, which is they are more geared to younger kids and I find expensive. Any one of the characters Yogi, BooBoo, Cindy bear, or Ranger Smith come to the craft area during craft time. They tend to offer crafts, a pool, jumping pillow, go carts, and a splash zone. Maybe a laser tag area. Some activities are an extra charge. Lots of young kids running around. The sites are not huge. The three I have been to did not have a lazy river or any good wifi. Once the kids hit the mid teens, we stopped going.

Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #3

For kids those ages and how much they charge I wouldn't suggest it. Unless the parks in your area are much nicer than the one near us, my 11 year old and her friends were bored after the first day.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #4

Opinions Regarding Jellystone properties

We used to live in Ontario Canada and we frequented the Niagara Falls jelly stone park as well as the one outside of Buffalo. My kids loved the parks and us adults too. Lots of activities (even for my 11 year old) and Buffalo has a great water park. Facilities are spotless (we had a tent trailer back then) and the kids loved the evening tractor rides. The staff was amazing! When I told them we were celebrating our sons birthday and whether we could store it in their fridge they didnít only say yes but they arranged delivery of the cake to our campsite by Yogi in a golf cart!!! My son still remembers this and it was 4 years ago (he was 3 at the time). Yes... a bit pricier than a standard CG but we thought it was worth it. We actually miss them as we no longer have one close by.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0418.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	159975
emjayuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjayuu View Post
When I told them we were celebrating our sons birthday and whether we could store it in their fridge they didnít only say yes but they arranged delivery of the cake to our campsite by Yogi in a golf cart!!! My son still remembers this and it was 4 years ago (he was 3 at the time). Yes... a bit pricier than a standard CG but we thought it was worth it. We actually miss them as we no longer have one close by.Attachment 159975
What a nice gesture that was!!! :-)

I do think though from the sounds of it a Jellystone property wouldn't keep my 15 year old entertained and nothing ruins a trip more than a miserable 15 year old. LOL

Thanks for the input, folks!
Old 01-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #6

I think you are right about not keeping the interest of a 15 year old, our grandkids love them but they are 10 and under. We have a water park near us that has a campground attached and in the other direction there is a KOA that offers free shuttle service and special pricing to a nearby water park. You might check for something like that. Good luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #7

Two years ago I stayed at the one in Gardner has absolutely fantastic time it was lots to do for the kids the sites are massive especially by the river. Probably going to go this summer again
mulltrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #8

I'd recommend checking the reviews since they can be hit or miss. stayed at 3 (Sturbridge, Gloucester, VA, and Niagara Falls, ON). for Sturbridge you have some local attractions (Sturbridge Village, Flea market, etc). We did one of those spring flings where you keep your camper there for 6 weeks and just go on the weekend. Memorial weekend on was a drunk fest. State police were there every night. Gloucester was fantastic. NF was good, nickel and dimed you for everything, but very clean and enjoyable. Several rv'ers next to us had their bikes stolen and coolers ransacked.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #9
KJPapa

Jellystone

We have only been to Jellystone parks in Texas so can't comment on the specific parks near you. The ones we have been to are pricey, but they have nice facilities and a lot of things to do. Just depends what you are looking for. I would try one or two close to where you are and then decide.
2017-178
kjpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #10

only been to one Jelly Stone Park, just outside of Colorado Springs Colorado. at the time my daughter was younger and she wanted to go, I think that the billboards along the interstate convinced her that it was the place to go. I was not impressed due to the cost involved, was nice and had fun, ,,,, have fun

Denny in Los Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote