Old 12-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #11

That's the place. Note... over 55 you get a 25% discount. That's 17.25 per night.. In a campground that has Gigantic sites, clean bath, lake, and most people don't know about... I've never had a problem getting a camping site either. In fact, during the week, the place is mostly empty.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #12

Unless you have pets or like alcohol, according to the web site. Counts me out twice.
We always loved going to Tropical Palms, and still do, but last year we spent Christmas at Disney's Fort Wilderness and I have to tell you - we loved it. We took a water shuttle to the monorail, then took that around to the different resorts and saw all the different types of Christmas decorations they had. It was an awesome time, and that was all included in the price of the campground, which I'll admit wasn't cheap, but we fealt it was worth it. There is no other place like it as far as I'm aware.

Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #13
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankchmi View Post
That's the place. Note... over 55 you get a 25% discount. That's 17.25 per night.. In a campground that has Gigantic sites, clean bath, lake, and most people don't know about... I've never had a problem getting a camping site either. In fact, during the week, the place is mostly empty.
Do they have hot showers?
Old 12-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlatter View Post
Unless you have pets or like alcohol, according to the web site. Counts me out twice.
We always loved going to Tropical Palms, and still do, but last year we spent Christmas at Disney's Fort Wilderness and I have to tell you - we loved it. We took a water shuttle to the monorail, then took that around to the different resorts and saw all the different types of Christmas decorations they had. It was an awesome time, and that was all included in the price of the campground, which I'll admit wasn't cheap, but we fealt it was worth it. There is no other place like it as far as I'm aware.
I just read the alcohol and pets rule. Whats camping without some adult beverages and your dog.....
Old 12-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
I just read the alcohol and pets rule. Whats camping without some adult beverages and your dog.....
I can't speak to pets, but I grew up in PA state parks that disallow alcohol. No one openly carries it, but most drink it. It's only been a problem if you give the ranger a reason ton visit your site.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #16
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I can't speak to pets, but I grew up in PA state parks that disallow alcohol. No one openly carries it, but most drink it. It's only been a problem if you give the ranger a reason ton visit your site.
Same here, the pets part is a problem for us.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
Same here, the pets part is a problem for us.
I can imagine so. I'm lucky there- after both my cats passings (sad they happened (old age), but happy for the freedom), my only pets are gold fish in a 12gallon tank.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #18
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I can imagine so. I'm lucky there- after both my cats passings (sad they happened (old age), but happy for the freedom), my only pets are gold fish in a 12gallon tank.
I have been saying the same thing for 25 years. Every time we loss a dog, some how or another we end up with another puppy. I think the longest we have been without dogs is 2 weeks. We got our first lap dog a year ago, a 10 pound Maltipoo. We always have had Dobermans. Still have 2, a 5 yr old Doberman and a 1 yr old Maltipoo.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #19

I think that the best place neau Universal Studio is Bill Frederick Park in Orlando. This campround belongs to the city City of Orlando :: Families, Parks and Recreation - Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake . It is located 3 miles from Universal Studio. We stay there for a week in 2012 (2 services $95 - for the week) and is was perfect, we even go to Universal with our bicycle (20 min ride).
Old 12-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #20

I have two cats that travel with us everywhere. Yes, I'm that guy with the two white cats on leashes outside the trailer...
I agree that the alcohol rule is just there as a lever for the authorities to use as required, but the no pet rule is just too much! I do understand what they're trying to accomplish though.
I have also stayed at the new KOA on the 192 in Kissimmee (also stayed there when it was the old place where the Sam's club is now). It's a decent place as well.
Anyway, there are a few great places to stay in the Orlando area.

Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg