Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #1

Oswego NY

Might head out to Oswego the end of July for their harbor fest, and input on campgrounds out there?

kids think tt stands for tan turd.
JonClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
ARLO

We have never stayed there, Sunset RV Park looks pretty good. Our personal preference is Brennan Beach on Rt 3 in Pulaski or Cherry Grove in Wolcott, NY.. Sunset would be much more convenient for Harbor Fest but may be booked already. The fest is a very big deal there. Cherry Grove is about 20 or so miles from there to the west on rt 104. Brennan is probably 30 minutes northeast on rt 3. Cherry Grove is a nice quiet campground, not overly large. Brennan Beach has about 1900 sites with about 1000 seasonals, 2000 feet of sand beach, three pools, a courtyard with store, ice cream stand, rec hall. Many planned exercise activities including water aerobics, group walks, stretching etc. I believe all, or most, sites are full hook ups including cable TV. We really like the Beach Elite sites for the easy access to the beach. We have been going there the last week in July for about 20 years. However, it is a longer ride to Oswego. While you are in the neighborhood, you may want to check out the Renaissance Festival in Sterling, NY. Sterling is between Wolcott and Oswego. Have fun. Sterling Renaissance Festival
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #3

Thank you rlocicero. Will check them out. We have been going out there for about 10 yrs but rather bring the new camper than be in a hotel. Thanks again

Old 06-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #4

Fair Haven Beach SP is close but may be full due to Harbor fest.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:19 AM   #5

Don't bother bringing your trailer, I forgot to make reservations for a campground in August and they are all full right into September. Never used to have a problem getting a spot even 2 weeks before the day I wanted to go. Getting tough in this area to get a spot at any good park 9 months in advance.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:30 AM   #6

Well that could stink, maybe go somewhere else

Old 06-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #7
ARLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonClark View Post
Well that could stink, maybe go somewhere else

Brennan has 900 sites available but It is a bit of a ride. I would recommend the woods rather than by registration building. rows s thru z i believe.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote