Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ski Country, ON
Posts: 46
Send a message via MSN to Monterra
Our first big trip

The DW and I will be heading from Ontario to South Carolina towards the end of Oct. It is just the two of us (and dog) and we expect to be gone for just under 2 weeks. As this is our first main trip with our recently acquired 2304 Ultralite, we are looking for some suggestions regarding routing, attractions, etc. We expect to do some boondocking as well as taking advantage of serviced sites.

I'm not sure how well the Ridgeline / 2304 will perform as a unit but all appears good on the couple of short trips we've been on so far. We are not in any particular hurry to get anywhere special. Just looking for a pleasant drive to see the sites.

Looking forward to your comments.

.......posted from the great white north.
__________________

__________________
Monterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
Member
 
Pamelaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 47
It sounds like a fun trip. I don't know your anticipated route, but we went to PA a few years back and one of my most memorial visits was to Longwood Gardens there. I want to go back again!!
__________________

__________________
Pamelaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
The DW and I will be heading from Ontario to South Carolina towards the end of Oct. It is just the two of us (and dog) and we expect to be gone for just under 2 weeks. As this is our first main trip with our recently acquired 2304 Ultralite, we are looking for some suggestions regarding routing, attractions, etc. We expect to do some boondocking as well as taking advantage of serviced sites.

I'm not sure how well the Ridgeline / 2304 will perform as a unit but all appears good on the couple of short trips we've been on so far. We are not in any particular hurry to get anywhere special. Just looking for a pleasant drive to see the sites.

Looking forward to your comments.

.......posted from the great white north.
Sounds like a fun trip. Where you headed in SC? Let me know if I can offer any assistance.
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Member
 
Pamelaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 47
It's about 35 miles west of Philadelphia, Pa in Kennett Square.
__________________
Pamelaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Member
 
Pamelaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 47
I see your Gamecock...my husband is a Gamecock too...
__________________
Pamelaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelaq View Post
I see your Gamecock...my husband is a Gamecock too...
He must be a fine upstanding gentleman!! I am sure he will be glued to the TV next Thursday night. ESPN I believe as we show NC how football is really played in the SEC.
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
Member
 
Pamelaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 47
Oh I'm sure he will be...he can be a one man show with all the cheering antics...
__________________
Pamelaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelaq View Post
Oh I'm sure he will be...he can be a one man show with all the cheering antics...
PM Sent.
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ski Country, ON
Posts: 46
Send a message via MSN to Monterra
Longwood looks quite pretty. Hopefully the flowers will still be in bloom when we arrive. The plan is to make it to Charleston. We've been to Myrtle Beach a few times so are looking for something different. Currently, our thinking is to travel through the foothills going south and returning up the seaboard.
__________________
Monterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Member
 
Pamelaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 47
I can promise you will see thousands of blooms...an incredibly unique place...we went in October and WOW!!!
Longwood Gardens - Home Page

for real, check it out..they change it seasonally...you can spend the whole day there to see...and probably go back and see more...that HUGE!!

They have a conservatory there that is out of this world..crazy...beautiful! You will remember this place always if you go!!
__________________

__________________
Pamelaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.