Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #1

Our plans for Maine in July

We start our trip from CT on 6/28, arriving at Wassamiki Springs CG https://www.wassamkisprings.com/ for three nights. We have never spent time in the Portland area so this will be all new to us.

Next up, we arrive at Saltwater Farms CG http://www.saltwaterfarmcampground.com outside Rockland ME. We camped here about five years ago. Wonderful view and very peaceful!

After the 4th, we head north again, staying at Mountainview CG http://www.flandersbay.com for four nights. We hope to spend at least two days in Acadia Natl Park.

From here we have several days to get back to Ct. We haven't figured out any stops yet.

So, any suggestions for must see activities along our route?

Thanks,

Wes

Old 05-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #2

Thanks Wes for your choices in Maine.
We are heading your way to Conneticut but no further north in July.
Found out quickly that CT has very few campgrounds around the central area Watertown.

Can you suggest any in CT or MA?

I just say you are from Niantic. Gee, I'd stay along the coast line camping. Looks like a great location. Any campground around your home?

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Thanks Wes for your choices in Maine.
We are heading your way to Conneticut but no further north in July.
Found out quickly that CT has very few campgrounds around the central area Watertown.

Can you suggest any in CT or MA?

I just say you are from Niantic. Gee, I'd stay along the coast line camping. Looks like a great location. Any campground around your home?
Hi Iggy

We like Aces High here in East Lyme, peaceful and very clean. KOA in Stonington is also nice facility. Both close to shoreline activities.

Nothing to recommend in Ma.

Wes
Old 05-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #4

Rockland, ME area has MANY historic lighthouses, and a lighthouse Museum, if you are into that sort of thing. The museum has info on many guided and/or unguided tours in the general area.

Also, the "Woods to Goods" store, outside of York had some amazing crafts in it, as I recall, and it's a store where all of the crafts are produced by Maine correctional facility inmates....

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslvm View Post
Hi Iggy

We like Aces High here in East Lyme, peaceful and very clean. KOA in Stonington is also nice facility. Both close to shoreline activities.

Nothing to recommend in Ma.

Wes

Thanks Wes. I have it marked down. That is where the Lyme disease hit shore from Plum Island if I'm not mistaken.
I bet that draws the crowds....

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #6

Flew into to Boston in October 2010 and took 5-6 days up coast eating lobster, viewing lighthouses, colorful foilage & wooden bridges.

Hopefully will be able to take camper when I retire in 5-6 years and stay longer, so much we did not see.

If in area we ate, & I encourage you to go to: Wells, Maine: Billy's Chowder House....if near New Harbor, Maine go to Shaw's Fish & Lobster Wharf (this one restaurant sits above where they bring in and unload off boats fresh lobster)

2010 Dodge Ram QC 2500 HD w/Cummins Diesel
2013 Salem Hemisphere Lite 346 QBUD
papamcgown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #7

If you have kids, check out Strawberry Park in Preston, CT. You'd have to book well in advance because it's so popular.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslvm View Post
We start our trip from CT on 6/28, arriving at Wassamiki Springs CG https://www.wassamkisprings.com/ for three nights. We have never spent time in the Portland area so this will be all new to us.

Next up, we arrive at Saltwater Farms CG Saltwater Farm Campground outside Rockland ME. We camped here about five years ago. Wonderful view and very peaceful!

After the 4th, we head north again, staying at Mountainview CG Flanders Bay Cabins and Mountain View Campground Home Page for four nights. We hope to spend at least two days in Acadia Natl Park.

From here we have several days to get back to Ct. We haven't figured out any stops yet.

So, any suggestions for must see activities along our route?

Thanks,

Wes
Hi Wes,

We are heading to Wassamiki Springs tomorrow for the weekend. First trip for us in the 21ss. Will let you know our thoughts. Also Portland is very nice to visit. Lots of shops on the waterfront and just great place to walk around.. Scarborough has a Cabela's but never really spent much time around there to find anything else to do..

gscarter100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #9

Hi Wes,

Maybe we'll cross paths. I'm arriving at Bayley's Resort, ME late on 7/4. We'll be there until 7/12.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...55-albums.html
NiteNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #10

We go to Maine every year. Fort Knox and the observatory at the top of the Penobscot narrows bridge are next to each other and one of my favorite places. The Nor'Easter restaurant in Dover-Foxcroft has the best chowder EVER!!!