Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetOleBill View Post
Try Cabelas. Usually close to the highway, closes at 9:30, and no late night or early morning trucks. Plus they have specific areas for RVs. Just check in with the service desk when you park.

This option far exceeds Wally World.
Yes it does beyond a doubt. Bass Pro has the same deal too. I know Cabelas have dump stations and fresh water as well.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:56 PM   #22

I use RVTripWizard and my Rand McNally Trip Maker on my GPS to plan distances, then find BLM or Campgrounds in the area. I'm very pleased with those two.
mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #23

Are you retired? If so....what's the hurry? We try not to drive over 250 a day. Oh sure sometimes it can't be helped and we may go into the 300s. If you can.....slow down and enjoy the day!!
3 for the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 for the Road View Post
Are you retired? If so....what's the hurry? We try not to drive over 250 a day. Oh sure sometimes it can't be helped and we may go into the 300s. If you can.....slow down and enjoy the day!!
People today are in a hurry to get nowhere and when they get there don't know what to do. lol
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #25

Alas, not retired. We would like to make good time going out, so we can enjoy some days in the Big Horn Mtns on the way back. I have more leeway with my vacation, but my hubby needs to ration his out so we can get more camping long weekends in and hopefully a trip to Clemson football game! Thanks for all the tips about Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops--there goes the budget, lol. Love both of those stores.
TravellinLibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #26

You will enjoy the Big Horns! We were there last August and stay at Prune Creek in the NF. Very nice camp along the creek with a wonderful view. Only stayed 3 nights because it was reserved for the weekend. Prune Creek is on Rte 14 just southwest of Sibley
Lake CG. Sibley Lake has one loop with electric but not the view at Prune Creek. Have fun.
3 for the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #27

I have frequently used KOA campsites. They have a a route planner on their web site I believe. I concur with 350 mile days. That would allow you to travel each day on a full tank of fuel assuming your vehicle gets 10-12 mpg. I would not worry too much about the tolls but I do recommend getting a EZpass before your trip. Many tolls apply discounts if you use a ezpass. NY state has a good website for ezpass. I am not sure if that is available to you in PA, but you can obtain a NY expose even if you do not live there. I chose to do that, The state of CT does not have tolls and MA does but to get a EZPass for my vehicle through MA is a bunch of hurdles to go through. NY state EZPASS was easy and online.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:11 PM   #28

Thanks. Yes, PA has EZ pass; we have a transponder for the car. I'm going to give them a call and ask the details about having one for towing a 5th wheel.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:50 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellinLibrarian View Post
Thanks. Yes, PA has EZ pass; we have a transponder for the car. I'm going to give them a call and ask the details about having one for towing a 5th wheel.
You need do nothing different but throw the transponder in the tow vehicle of the 5er.

The toll lane sensors will detect the extra axles automatically.

It will work but you should call or use the website to add the tag number of the tow vehicle to the account which will make it easier should you have some kind of billing or detection problem. Even if you don't do that and for some reason have an issue you'll get a letter about the issue. Then all it takes is a phone call for them to straighten it out.

You also do not need to do anything different to use it in any of 16 states that accept it.

https://www.paturnpike.com/toll/where_to_use_it.aspx
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote