Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 AM   #1

Pets are a Trip

This 4 year old Greyhound has been retired from the track now for 7 months and is experiencing part time RVing. We just came back from a 10 day vacation over the 4th of July Holiday at our seasonal site. Harley as we just found out has a problem with flying insects. Once he has been out for a walk he can't wait to get back inside the RV in the A/C and away from anything flying. Once he is inside he will check every window in the camper from front to back to make sure it is clear for him to relax, if he sees a fly he will start Rooing until we kill it. Sorry about the pic, they were taken with my cell phone in low light.....I can't wait to see what is reaction will be when we head to Frontier Town in Ocean City MD in four weeks. We will be there for one week and then head back to our seasonal site for a second week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley#2.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1637  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #2

Camping with the dog is fun. We had to put our old dog down this past winter.
Our neighbors at the campground offered us one of their Lab pups. He is 6 months old and a real blast. The theme for the upcoming weekend is Christmas in July. I have his antlers ready. My wife and I cant go out on the golf cart without him. Good luck with your Greyhound, they are great pets.

Charlie
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
camping with 3 dogs now! What a handful...but worth every minute!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #4

our dogs get so worn out from camping they sleep for two days when we return, its really funny they just drink then go back to sleep to recharge, i think they have more fun than we do

its great to see folks "go-rving" with loved pets
Old 07-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #5

We always take our 3 dogs with us, we are now seasonal at Whispering Hills RV Park near Shreve, OH in the heart of Ohio's amish country and we wouldn't even think about not bringing our 3 dogs. It can be a handful at times and it's no fun taking them out in the rain but they are worth every bit of it. At this point in life they are our children.
CTDSandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #6

Rockwood06 that photo is priceless! And we thought we have a spoiled Schnauzer! I am so used to taking Miya that I can't think of going without her. Thanks for the photo. Dark or not it is still a great shot.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote