Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #1

pioneer park campground

Is anyone from the forum going to be at Pioneer Park Campground near Somerset Pa. this weekend. I will be there from wed to sun. Hope to meet somebody.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:45 PM   #2

You all missed a very nice weekend. More to come later.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:51 AM   #3

How far off the Pa turnpike is the campground? I am always looking for stopover places, have used Fox Den Acres in New Stanton and Friendship Village in Bedford.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Good to here!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
How far off the Pa turnpike is the campground? I am always looking for stopover places, have used Fox Den Acres in New Stanton and Friendship Village in Bedford.
Looks like it's about 9 miles off of the highway, but you can keep going on Rt 31 to get back onto the highway (i.e. you don't have to back track).
Old 07-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #6

We had a nice weekend at Pioneer Park. We stayed four nights with FHU And Cable T.V. .This is a nice Campground with gravel roads and gravel pads to park on which were pretty level. The sites are fairly spacious with a grassy area with a picnic table and fire ring. The water pressure was low on our site which was #361 and the wifi was nonexistent. There are many things to do at the park and nearby. We visited 2 Frank Lloyd Wright houses The famous Falling Water and Kentuck Knob. We did not get to stop at Ohiopyle to watch the white water rafters or Kayakers but is something we had wanted to do. We visited a nearby Winery near Donegal called Greendance at Sand Hill. This is a beautifully landscaped Winery which started as a farm and expanded into a berry farm,orchard,and on site Bakery. They had entertainment on Saturday so we enjoyed a bottle of wine and music. They also have a cafe on site that sells salads and sandwiches and ice cream. We did not eat but saw some people pass by with huge salads which looked good. We had one day that was a bust because of a vehicle issue and a trip to visit to the DW's Eye Doctor in Morgantown WVa. . We still had a nice weekend with pleasant weather and no rain. The campground was very quiet even when the weekend came along.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #7

I forgot to mention this was our first outing for the summer after our 2.5 month snowbird trip. We are pretty busy during the summer and the rainy weather of May and June around here did not make a camping trip very appealing. I can sit at home and watch it rain for free. I also forgot to mention a very good restaurant we had dinner at one night. It is called Brady's near Donegal Pa. . They have a large variety to choose from and the prices are reasonable. We hope to get out again before our trip to Myrtle Beach in late September. The wife is trying to get some health issued taken care of so we can snow bird again this winter.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:16 PM   #8
Always Learning

Now I remember why the name seems so familiar! We stayed there back in 2013 or 2014. Decent place as I recall, though we got a site that faced their storage lot and that was a little junky.

Pioneer Park Campground, Somerset, PA | Learn To RV

Tags
campground, mpg