Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #1

Planning western New York trip

We are planning a two week trip to western New York next year. Is camping at Letchworth State Park a nice place to camp? We have a 30 ft TT. Webster Park campground? The state park on Lake Ontario near Niagra Falls? Looking for recommendations. We don't want to move too often. We are thinking of spending four or five days at each spot and doing short day trips to see the sights. Thank you for your thoughts and experience!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #2

Letchworth park is nice, a little rustic (TV reception sucks) BUT the park is called "Grand Canyon of the East". Lots of good hiking trails. Finger Lakes area has lots of wineries, restaurants, etc. Watkins Glen SP is not far away and is a good day trip to walk the gorge. Four Mile Creek SP is near Buffalo, I've read good reviews, but have never been there.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #3

We spent a week at Letchworth SP and loved it. It depends on what you are wanting. It is very rural and quite. Great hiking and lots of waterfalls. We also attended a FROG rally in Watkins Glen and stayed a Clute Park. ( SP) We enjoyed the town and again lots of waterfalls. The gorge is definitely worth the trip. The park is right in town so easy to get to restaurants and site seeing. If the Wine rally is going on when you plan to be in the area don't miss it. It's a blast and the hosts are the best. We were very surprised and impressed with the area and definitely would go back.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #4

Camping Gator this is the thread from last year. It is a great time.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ad.php?t=99204

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:49 PM   #5

We were at 4mile creek state park near Niagara falls this year, nice park within 12 miles of the falls. The first loop is fairly flat and open, I would recommend the sites nearest the lake as the view is wonderful and there are more trees. The other two loops are more secluded with one loop having no hookups. The park has only electric hook up available but there is water available to fill your fresh water tank. Bathhouses were nice. We like the park very much.

It was a nice base camp for all our sightseeing.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #6

Stay at Niagara Falls KOA Grand Island in Sept great place easy to get to the falls answer Canada

2008 Georgetown XL 378 TS
Jack Durney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #7

I guess it depends on what you intend to see while in WNY. Letchworth is one of my favorite places to camp, but it's quite a distance from the Falls, if that's your intention -- there is quite a bit to see and do in that area, though.

I also enjoy Allegany State Park which is a little closer, but still over an hour away, and there is literally no cell coverage, nor TV coverage in the campgrounds. That is the reason that I go there, frankly, I'm totally unplugged which is very nice once in a while.

I never stayed at Four Mile Creek... maybe next year!
2016 - 47 nights
2017 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:09 PM   #8

While going thru that area this past summer, Letchworth campground was full so we stayed at a nice KOA in Houghton ( maybe 10 miles from park). Letchworth was a fantastic park. We did hiking, biking and even caught a day long BBQ and blues festival 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forum

Other Motorhome

2013 F-150 Eco-Boost V6
mrmichael is offline   Reply With Quote