Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #1

Red coconut Ft Myers Beach, FL

We have been here since Sunday, leaving tomorrow. Anyone from the forum here?
Skippy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy38 View Post
We have been here since Sunday, leaving tomorrow. Anyone from the forum here?
Wish I was, this is one of the parks on our to check out list. Could you give a short review it would help. Thanks.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #3

Sure. Nice clean park, and nice helpful staff. All types of RVs here, giant coaches, 5ers, TT, even a tent camper. Easy enough to get to but the sites are pretty close together. Not too much of an issue because all of the people here are very friendly. They have several sites that are right on the beach but don't expect to get one of these as they told me they are reserved out as far as 5 years in advance. Check out their website and you can see a park map. We are in spot #38 in the second row and are only 50 ft from the beach so save your money and stay in the second or third row. We will definitely be back. Check out the videos on youtube as they are very representational of the park.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #4

Thanks for the nice review.. Hope to make it to that area soon.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We always stay on the park side. The lot we get is fairly good size and there is less sand to deal with. You still deal with it, there's just less of it. We walk or ride bikes to just about everything. We lost our site this past year, because of a date change in spring break, but trying to get it back or at least another one I can fit on. It takes a team of spotters to get me parked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #6

I have to say, we had a great time at the Red Coconut. We were on the beach side on the second row and it was great. There was everything from titanic sized diesel pushers down to even a tent camper for a night there. As for the sand, keeping a gallon jug of water outside to wash your feet off before going inside keeps the sand down to almost nothing. Made a couple of new friends too. All of the people camped were extremely nice and helpful. If you all get a chance to go here by all means do. If you go let me know, we might meet you there....