Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Review: Frontier Town, Ocean City MD

Just spent a week camping at Frontier Town near Ocean City MD.
We camped in a Flagstaff 625D pop-up.

Check-in was a breeze thanks to their "Pony Express" pre-registration. I would recommend doing this if you can.

We found our site easy enough, one small problem we had was that the connections were at the very back of the site. The 625D power cord comes out near the front. I had to use every inch of the power cord to get the awning to clear a tree on the site.

The sites are sand with very little grass. You WILL get sand in your trailer no matter what.

There was no mention of cable TV (except in the cabins) so we didn't bring a TV. But it looks like all the sites have cable. So we missed out of that.

We had picked site CC5 as it was right across from the store and short walk to the bath-house. Only problem was lots of noise from teenagers sitting at the store late at night. The staff did a pretty good job of breaking them up after 11:00 (quiet time). Thank you Frontier Town staff. One down side was the ice delivery at about 8:00am. They literally throw the ice down to break it up and you get about a half-hour of Bang...Bang...Bang to wake you up every morning.

The bath house was large and they tried to keep it clean, but I never have seen such pigs in my life. A couple hours after the cleaning half of the toilets would be full and left unflushed. People would leave all kind of trash in the showers. Some idiot even smeared poop ALL over one of the showers. Again this is not the fault of the staff. But some pigs that were staying there.

The water park is small, but fun and it's free. This is a big plus for us. But it closes at 6:00pm. Seem really early to us...

We wanted to check out the wild west park, but it was SO hot that they closed it. I don't blame them, I wouldn't want to be outside performing in the heat either.

The pool was nice and clean. It was very warm though. Almost bath water warm.

The camp store really nice and big. They have just about anything you could possibly want or need. Even a row of camper parts and accessories. You can buy everything from beer and soda to hot food and pizza.

We also rented a golf cart for the week. This is the first time I had ever done that, but I'm glad I did. It made the whole trip so much more enjoyable. There was special parking at the pool, water park and mini-golf for the golf carts. When we were bored we would just drive around and check-out the trailers to try to get ideas for our next purchase.

Overall we enjoyed the stay and I would give Frontier Town a 8 out of 10 rating.

If you have any specific questions please ask. I'll try to answer them for ya.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #2

We have been to Frontier Town a few times. Only real complaint we have is some of the sites we've been assigned were pretty difficult to get in to.
1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote