Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Always Learning

Review of Kenisee Lakes Thousand Trails in Jefferson, OH

We visited the Thousand Trails park, Kenisee Lake in Jefferson, OH over July 4th of this year. It held quite a portion of our Comedy of Errors. What drew us Kenisee Lake is that it is approximately equal distance from Baltimore, MD as it is the Indiana-suburbs of Chicago (where my aunt just so happens to live!). This gave us a nice point to spend some time together.

My camper advertises that is sleeps 11 or 12 and let me tell you- which tested it. All told, we have 4 adults; 2 almost adults (16 and 17), 3 kids (8-10) and 1 infant (in a pack and play!). I have to say- it's good to be king. We got to sleep in our master bedroom away from the insanity. :-) Other than some excitement getting parked, we had a fantastic trip and I'll gladly go back to Kenisee Lake!

Read my review
Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #2

Good review thanks for posting the link. I have no idea how many our RV is advertised as being able to sleep. I just tell everyone we can entertain 8, dine 4, but sleeps only 2.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Good review thanks for posting the link. I have no idea how many our RV is advertised as being able to sleep. I just tell everyone we can entertain 8, dine 4, but sleep only 2.
Yeah- I remember taking some lumps on here about the zoo that we had when I mentioned it before. But, it's just how our family does things. More times than not, we have our 4 plus extra family with us - lots of times it is my in-laws or cousins or, the rarity like this case, a zoo.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Good review thanks for posting the link. I have no idea how many our RV is advertised as being able to sleep. I just tell everyone we can entertain 8, dine 4, but sleep only 2.
Same here Oakman, except on the one occasion our oldest came to FL and stayed with us at night while he went to a tub/sink re-finishing school for 4 days. Really enjoyed his company and it really wasn't any inconvenience as he made the couch out one night and put it up the next morning. The next nights, he just slept on the couch and was out of the trailer before we got up. The other benefit was he bought dinner a couple of nights.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Same here Oakman, except on the one occasion our oldest came to FL and stayed with us at night while he went to a tub/sink re-finishing school for 4 days. Really enjoyed his company and it really wasn't any inconvenience as he made the couch out one night and put it up the next morning. The next nights, he just slept on the couch and was out of the trailer before we got up. The other benefit was he bought dinner a couple of nights.
This proofs how educated your siblings are. Hope that the adopted ones have some of this, no taking into account the one who is "begging" to be adopted.
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying dutchman View Post
This proofs how educated your siblings are. Hope that the adopted ones have some of this, no taking into account the one who is "begging" to be adopted.
Which one is that?
Old 11-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #7

The BIG child of Ms Amy.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying dutchman View Post
The BIG child of Ms Amy.
The Scott County Sheriff has already adopted him and has joint custody with the AA Quad Cities District 9 group.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #9

Good to hear. :-)
Old 11-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Which one is that?
Man, I'm glad *you* knew what Dutchman was talking about! I was all like .

Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Man, I'm glad *you* knew what Dutchman was talking about! I was all like .

Ms. Amy is the beautiful young lady saddled with the job of trying to raise FT Turbs in addition to the younger children still at home. She has to cut & split wood to heat his shop, mow the lawn, work as a nurse, etc. Don't know how she does it all and still be the cheerful person she is.