Old 01-30-2016, 08:05 PM   #1

Rhode Island to pigeon forge

This is our first Rv trip just got our sunseeker in October we had to winterize so we are taking a few small trips but this is the big one we are staying at the pigeon forge / Kia on veterans Blvd. we think we should drive about 600 miles on day 1 the 300 the next day we're should we stay on the first night roanoke seems around 1/2 way thoughts and recommendation plus what about the Koa we are staying? Thanks

Old 01-31-2016, 08:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveanddianne View Post
This is our first Rv trip just got our sunseeker in October we had to winterize so we are taking a few small trips but this is the big one we are staying at the pigeon forge / Kia on veterans Blvd. we think we should drive about 600 miles on day 1 the 300 the next day we're should we stay on the first night roanoke seems around 1/2 way thoughts and recommendation plus what about the Koa we are staying? Thanks

I have never stayed at the KOA in Pigeon Forge but I have went by it a lot, seems to be a nice campground. We have stayed at different campgrounds in Pigeon Forge and we like to stay at campgrounds that the Funtown Trolley comes by, we ride the trolley a lot, costs 50 cents a person. There is one campground close to the I-40, it's like $34.00 a night plus it's a GoodSam park, the spots are wide, the KOA seems tight, the KOA stays full. There is a lot of campgrounds at Pigeon Forge plus the National Park is close by with more campgrounds

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:37 AM   #3

When you get off I-40 you may get lucky and drive to the KOA and not get in a traffic jam, I have never been that lucky. There is a better way, it's just crooked. When you come down I-81 where it meets I-40 get on I-40 East, then take exit 432A to 411. There will be signs, this road takes you by Bush Beans, you can stop if you like and take a tour. Stay on 411 until you come to Veterans Blvd, KOA will be on your right once you get to Pigeon Forge. It's easy driving.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
When you get off I-40 you may get lucky and drive to the KOA and not get in a traffic jam, I have never been that lucky. There is a better way, it's just crooked. When you come down I-81 where it meets I-40 get on I-40 East, then take exit 432A to 411. There will be signs, this road takes you by Bush Beans, you can stop if you like and take a tour. Stay on 411 until you come to Veterans Blvd, KOA will be on your right once you get to Pigeon Forge. It's easy driving.

Crooked is not the word, that was a road where we could check our own brake lights on the curves . After Bush Beans it does get better, we followed a tractor trailer at the start and figured if he was going that way it would be fine, we could not keep up with him.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:27 AM   #5

We like the KOA its convenient for us. We usually get the premium sites, nice but not cheep. We also like to eat breakfast at the Old Mill which is close.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:51 PM   #6

Be cautious about trying to drive 600 miles on day one. Even averaging 50 MPH, which you might, is a 12 hour driving day. You might want to reconsider. You know yourself best but, slow down and enjoy the countryside.

2008 Rockwood Sig Ultra Lite 8315SS
Livin the Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:59 PM   #7
7 Year Class A RV'er

While you're at the KOA in Pigeon Forge, drive a couple hundred yards up Veteran's and look to your right for Bear Cove Campground. Drive through and check it out. We've stayed there twice and really enjoyed it. All back in sites, but all concrete, two bath houses and pools, fishing pond. Very quiet and clean. Highly recommended.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 03:46 PM   #8

9 to 10 hrs is about what I drive the first day on long trips. I wouldn't think there would be much traffic in Pigeon Forge this time of year.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:14 PM   #9

Heading there the last week in july. I hope I enjoy it after a 12 hour trip to get there. Then over to west Virginia to do some atving.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:24 PM   #10

We have stayed at Bear Cove campground twice too. We live be that campground. The owner's name is Jason and he is a great guy. He and his wife run it and stay there. I recommend it to anyone and it is right beside Dollywood. You can see the fireworks from your RV, but no noise from the park. Great place to stay.