Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2017, 11:49 PM   #1

RV Golf Club Membership

Would love to hear any experience of members of the RV Golf Club where you get to park overnight in country club parking lots across the country. The value is in the supposed added level of security of cameras and patrolled lots compared to a truck stop or Walmart.

We are driving to California via I10 in January and are considering this membership.

Fun333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Always Learning

It's been discussed a couple of times but I don't think that I've ever seen somewhere that offers.

We use a similar program called Harvest Hosts for wineries/farms/etc. locations for overnights. My only issue with that is that they want you to arrive while the host is still open for business- which is usually MUCH earlier than we're ready to stop for overnight stops. We've pulled into Walmarts anywhere from 11pm-1am vs. 5-6pm of most hosts.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:14 PM   #3

I'm planning a similar trip starting hopefully the first week in Jan. I have never read anything about RV Golf Club but would be interested if anybody has more info.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #4
Director, FROG

We were going to use RV Golf Club in Lexington, KY last week. I called the Marriott Griffin Gate Golf Club, spoke with their golf pro, and got instructions on where to park. When we got there it was dark and extremely foggy, and I was concerned about getting in past some trees with a 45-foot coach and car. We skipped, but drove the car in the next morning and saw that it would have been tight.

There are about 450 participating clubs around the country, and we plan to use it again. Besides the free parking, there are restaurant and pro shop discounts available at most of the locations. I've only found one in Branson, that appears to require a round of golf.

If you sign up through the FROG website, you get 14 months for the price of 12. You can also go there to get additional information.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote