Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2014, 10:12 PM   #1

RV park advice.

We are getting ready to make our first trip in our new 21ss roo. We are headed to topsail park in santa rosa beach florida. I have an older tv and want to take it easy to start with so I was thinking of splitting the trip into two driving sessions of 4 to 5 hours each instead of making the whole trip at one time. You know, take our time and enjoy the trip as well as the destination. Going to be going down I-75 and was thinking about staying near Albany Georgia. Does anybody have any suggestions on a good spot to stay near there. Thanks in advance.
perryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #2

There are a few options for you. Reed Bingham State Park is our favorite close by park but is a little further south than Albany. It is in Adel and only 6 miles from the interstate. They do offer full hook ups there too. If your wanting a little further South you might try Eagles Roost Campground just North of the state line in Lake Park GA. It is right at the interstate. There is also Veterans State Park near Cordele GA which is around the 101 mile marker on I-75.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:03 AM   #3

You might try Albany RV Park, might be a little off your route but has pretty good reviews. We have not stayed here but I found it on Allstays App...
Albany RV Resort - Home

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:06 AM   #4

Let me back up.. I assume when you say going down I-75 you are going to veer off thru Albany.? Your not going to I-10 and then west to Topsail?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclcyl View Post
There are a few options for you. Reed Bingham State Park is our favorite close by park but is a little further south than Albany. It is in Adel and only 6 miles from the interstate. They do offer full hook ups there too. If your wanting a little further South you might try Eagles Roost Campground just North of the state line in Lake Park GA. It is right at the interstate. There is also Veterans State Park near Cordele GA which is around the 101 mile marker on I-75.

X2 for all of these

Old 02-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #6

Albany is a pretty good way off of I-75. Farther than I would want to drive if I were just finding a place for the night.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote