Old 10-12-2015, 08:00 AM   #1

Season Ending

Was required to leave the seasonal spot yesterday. This weekend going to a buddy's field with about 7 others for a end of year boondock trip. After that will probably winterize and store the rig.

Real sorry to see the season coming to an end. But it is getting close to November and I am happy to have had the nice weather we have had recently.

A neighbor always goes and camps out on Thanksgiving. Perhaps it is my New England upbringing but I don't dare wait till then.

How late do you go into the winter in this part of the country?

Lost Vermonters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:12 AM   #2

I feel your pain. Our campground water is turned off this Thursday but we closed up yesterday. Temp was in the hi 70's and it seemed unnatural to close up on such a nice day. Went out to dinner with some neighbors (more like friends) Saturday night and had a big end of the season campfire by the pavilion. Ours is a gated campground and several people use their campers occasionally thru the winter, they just bring their own water. There is a port-a-john for those willing to brave it when the temps dip. A bunch of us always attend the Madison RV show in February just to meet up and go out to dinner after. We're already looking forward to April 15th when the water is turned back on .

Old 10-21-2015, 11:42 AM   #3

Winterized the trailer last night. First time I did this on my own. Previous dealer always had a special for so much PM work , he would store for free. Always worked out for me. Now I guess I do the PM work myself.

Sad day ... season over for us!!! Well, I COULD pull it out again ..... Hmmmm
Lost Vermonters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #4

We have had some freezing temps here in the mountains, but then it has warmed up to at least the 50s during the day. We have not winterized and I just keep putting it off, hoping it will just go away and not get cold enough. Yeah, I know that is a pipe dream. We have Thanksgiving camped for the last 6 years down in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area and winterized before coming home. We have also headed to the beach (SC) the day after Christmas until after New Years. We've also been known to take off during the Martin Luther King/Stonewall Jackson holidays in January (Virginia gets a 4 day weekend) and done a girls weekend at the beach. It takes about 10 minutes to winterize or de-winterize, so it's not that hard to do and re-do. It only costs a few dollars for a gallon or two of anti-freeze.

We really enjoy camping around home during the fall and even at the beach during the winter. The fire feels wonderful, we put up wind-breaks to cut the wind, and it is great family time.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #5

Season just getting started here in NE Fla. Good camping year round.