Old 04-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Seven Points CG, Raystown Lake, PA

Over the past couple of months, we made reservations in Seven Points CG at Raystown Lake, PA.... one of our favorite places. The camp sites we selected were not totally familiar to us, so it looked like a recon trip was in order. Today we made that trip.

Much to our surprise, there has been some re-numbering of camp sites. Where we thought one camp site (number) would be.... it was down where a site was we had used a couple of years ago. Not quite sure when the renumbering was made.However, it didn't upset me with the new numbering. The sites we picked are where and what we wanted.

DW asked if we had to wait until our first reserved date (June 19 for 3 nights) to go to Raystown Lake. I haven't dewinterized the lines yet - supposed to be mid-30's tonight. But if she wants to go in 2 weeks, I think I can find time to complete all the work I want to do with the TT and drain the lines.

Larry

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #2

Should be a lovely trip. I haven't been to Raystown since high school. Dang that was a long time ago.

We are hoping to head to Pyma within 2 weeks, so hopefully the good weather will hold.

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharps45120 View Post
We are hoping to head to Pyma within 2 weeks, so hopefully the good weather will hold.
Would that be Pymatuning SP? That's a little further than what we normally do in our 3 night camping trips. I think the furthest we travel right now, also for 5 night trips, is just under 2 hrs away. Raystown is about 1 hr 45 minutes - and that's even stopping outside Bedford for about 15 minutes and getting a cup of coffee. We also hit Seneca Shadows at Seneca Rocks, WV - also about 1 3/4 hrs away. We've been going to Raystown since 2009 - when DW said she didn't want to waste 2 days down and 2 days back on our annual Myrtle Beach trip. Raystown, and Seneca Shadows for that matter, are nice, relatively quiet and have beautiful scenery.

One thing I saw about Pymatuning which would deter us.... no pets except at one restricted location in one of the parks. Our Shelties go with us wherever we camp.

Larry

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
Old 04-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #4

We spend a lot of time at Shenango Recreation Area, not too far from Pymatuning. It is also on a lake. It's run by the Army Corp of Engineers. Pets are welcome.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
We spend a lot of time at Shenango Recreation Area, not too far from Pymatuning. It is also on a lake. It's run by the Army Corp of Engineers. Pets are welcome.
Thanks for the suggestion - Army CoE usually has some pretty decent areas. Just for giggles and grins, I entered my criteria - nothing available to reserve, but looks like plenty of walk-ins. Still a little further away than I'd prefer, but doable. I'll put it on my list for future consideration - got a friend that lives not too far from there in Cranberry.

Larry

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
Old 04-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
One thing I saw about Pymatuning which would deter us.... no pets except at one restricted location in one of the parks. Our Shelties go with us wherever we camp.
Pymatuning - yes, state park - no. We have a small piece of property to which we pulled electric. We haul in water and haul out waste -the neighboring campground only charges $6 to use the dump station.

But I have stayed the Jamestown campground and the pet sites are in a very nice area. The Tuttle campground is closed, and I am not sure if Linesville or the OH side campground have pet sites.

But Bayshore Family Campground definitely allows pets, so if you ever wanted to head this far north, that would also be a great option - it's a gorgeous campground.

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote