Old 12-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Ski resorts?

None travel via RV to a ski resort? I'd love to take my family skiing, but we are in NC so it will be a drive anywhere there is snow. We are worried about snow driving. Thoughts? And if there are ski resorts on the East Coast that offer RV sites?

Newgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
What are you using for a Toad?
Have you ever chained your A class?

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
Professional Curmudgeon
Anywhere there is snow skiing, you are going to have mountains, which means the possibility of having to drive on steep, snow covered roads. Pretty scary in my book!
However, the better resorts will have plows out pretty early on, if the state hasn't already. So driving in bad conditions, while possible, isn't guaranteed.
Snowshoe Mountain Resort

10 Snowshoe Dr, Snowshoe, WV (304) 572-1000
is one of the more popular resorts in our area, though there is also Winter Place Ski Resort in Ghent, WV and Canaan Valley Ski Resort.

Whitaker Campground is only six miles away from Snowshoe in Cass, WV and Watog State Park is 14 miles away.

Near Ghent, you'll find many nearby campgrounds, including Camp Creek State Park, Pipestem Resort State Park, Rock Ridge Resort, and Pipestem Country Campground.

Canaan Valley has the Canaan Valley Resort State Park, and Blackwater Falls State Park.
2014 Coachmen Catalina 253RKS
2016 Keystone Summerland Mini 1750RD
2012 F250 Lariat 6.2L Crew Cab FX4
Reese dual cam SC/WDH
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
I don't know where you are in NC, but there are several ski resorts/areas in NC that are really nice. The Sugar Mountain area of Boone/Blowing Rock is pretty nice and an additional bump to that is that in downtown Boone, they have a public park for kids 12 and under for sledding. They do snowmaking and some of the stores rent the sleds. My kids love to go and we try to take them a couple of times each year. There is a nice KOA there in Boone.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
I have personally driven a 2650 to go skiing. Took it from Calgary over to Banff. Skied Lake Louise and then Sunshine over a 3 day period. There was no major snow storm while I was there, but there roads were pretty snow & ice covered. The weight of the unit and the dually wheels made it pretty stable. I was never worried.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote