Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

Sky Line Ranch Resort

All,

Not sure where to put this in the forum, but figured this is as good of a place as any for the review.

We just got back from a 4 night/5 day stay at the Sky Line Ranch Resort in the Shenandoah Valley. When we purchased our TT, we received a up to 7 night stay at the resort. Of course, there was the obligatory sales pitch, but it was not bad at all. If fact, they did not schedule us for any tour or high pressure information blitz. It was just a quick drop in to the sales office and that was it.

The park sits about 7 miles West of the 340 and a few more miles North is the North entrance to the Sky Line Parkway. The campground is family owned and is little dated. There is a mix of rental trailers, cabins, tent camping and some chalets. The RV sites are shaded. We were in site 3. The park offers incentives to owners and there is a lot of site work done to the most of the sites. Ours was level, but the hook up connections are in the back of the site, which reuired me to use every length of hose I had. The site had a nice fire pit. I was a little turned off by the trash that the previous campers had left behind. I will never understand why people do that. I left the site cleaner than I found it with some fire wood for the next campers to use.

There is a pool and club house, a chapel, a store and wash houses. The layout is tight, but I had no problems backing in and I am a rookie. There was a mix of fifth wheels, RVs and TTs. Some sights are really close.

This is a good park for someone that is looking to full time and wants a base campground. There are lots of volunteers to help reduce the annual cost, and most seem friendly and offer to help.

Not a bad campground and the price was right for a four night get away less then an hour and half away from the house. I woud stay again, but do not think we are in the market for something like this at this time. We are new to this and want to check out other options.

Cheers,
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote