Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
IT Guru

Send a message via AIM to jsilvius Send a message via Skype™ to jsilvius
Question Smith Mountian Lake State Park

We are going to go to a State Park for a long weekend/short week (4 or 5 days) and they only have water and power hookups. So no dump/sewer connections. I've got two gray tanks (galley and then bathroom sink/shower) which dump separately, and the one black tank. I think that we can make it on the black tank, but not sure on the gray tank. How do those of you that do this more often handle it?

2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Turbo Diesel Quad Cab
1 - DH (me); 1 - DW (Tee); 1 - DS (Jarod, 12)
Nights Camping: 2010 - 15; 2011 - 7; 2012 - 9
jsilvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #2

If your careful you should be able to make it. Turn the water off in the shower while you soap up or use the campgroud facilities. I have the Rockwood sister trailer to your flagstaff and my DW, two GD's and I have made it 4 days. The galley always seems to fill up the fastest so use as little water as possible when washing dishes and use paper plates and plastic dinnerware.

If need be, you could always take a blue tote along.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #3

You should do fine with the galley tank and the black tank. However, that gray tank will fill fast if you use it for showers. I suggest using the campground facilities for showers, at least for two days of your visit, if not all.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
You should do fine with the galley tank and the black tank. However, that gray tank will fill fast if you use it for showers. I suggest using the campground facilities for showers, at least for two days of your visit, if not all.
Common sense would tell you that's how things should work out, but if I don't watch my wife she'll run 5 gallons down the kitchen sink before you know it. She can't let a spoon sit for half a minute without at least giving it a good rinsing. A couple of minutes later and she's doing the same thing with something else. Say's she'll wash 'em good later after she gets enough gathered up.

Of course, she's not the one crawling under the slideout to open and close the galley tank valves either.

If he** ever freezes over and she does, I'll be sure to post some pics!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
IT Guru

Send a message via AIM to jsilvius Send a message via Skype™ to jsilvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Common sense would tell you that's how things should work out, but if I don't watch my wife she'll run 5 gallons down the kitchen sink before you know it. She can't let a spoon sit for half a minute without at least giving it a good rinsing. A couple of minutes later and she's doing the same thing with something else. Say's she'll wash 'em good later after she gets enough gathered up.

Of course, she's not the one crawling under the slideout to open and close the galley tank valves either.

If he** ever freezes over and she does, I'll be sure to post some pics!
I hear yea.. I've got one of those too. and the other thing she does that drives me nuts is that she runs the water to rinse as well.. I keep telling her that while we maybe connected to a water line, I still have to dump the tanks...

I don't think my wife even knows where the dump valves are to even thing about crawling under to open them... LOL To her it is all just magic...

2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Turbo Diesel Quad Cab
1 - DH (me); 1 - DW (Tee); 1 - DS (Jarod, 12)
Nights Camping: 2010 - 15; 2011 - 7; 2012 - 9
jsilvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #6

Hey now fellas! In defense of the woman on here I have just got to speak up. I've had help ONE time since buying the Roo that even had tanks... ONCE! (we had PUP before... no tanks but did have porta potty) I did make him empty the Black tank once and tote it to be emptied. Why should I get all the fun????

Just finished up doing another 5 nights at CGNHP. Guess who completely broke down camp BY HERSELF.... hooked up....... then emptied tanks??? YEP..... ME! Come to think of it I packed the camper, hooked up.... towed down and set up by myself too! So watch it fella's....... we may gang up on you guys and leave it ALL for you to do.... THAT includes COOKING!

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
Jan Goldfield

Most of us women are stronger, smarter and more capable than most men. Of course you did all that. No one would dare argue. Certainly no one on this forum.
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote