Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
Bae

South Kentucky or North Tennessee on I75

we will be leaving Michigan going to Red Top Mountain or somewhere close to Red Top just north of Atlanta in June this summer. I want to find a couple options in Northern Tennessee or Very southern Kentucky along I75 for a single night camp in case we don't make it to GA in a single day. Any suggestions? We love waterfalls so if there is one with some short hikes to waterfalls that would be even better!
Bae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #2

Years ago before I had a camper my wife and I visited Cumberland Falls State Park in Southern KY. It is almost at the TN line. There is a KOA right off I75 in Corbin about 20 miles North of the State Park if you want full hook up. The State Park was nice but its a bit off the highway.
Falcon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:15 PM   #3
Bae

I would like to camp at Cumberland Falls sometime. For this trip I want to leave Friday afternoon and get somewhere around Cincinnati and set up for the night. This way we can be at Red Top Mountain in early afternoon on Saturday.

18 nights planned so far in Michigan 2019
11 night planned in Georgia 2019
4 nights boon docking Kentucky 2019
Bae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #4

On I-75 south just before you get to Lexington, you will find the Kentucky Horse Park. It's very nice, and might be what you are looking for.
McGeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:19 AM   #5

We live about a mile from the KY Horse Park. Never stayed there, but from looking at it, it appears to be one of the best kept RV stops in the country. (store, swimming, tennis, etc.) Plus the Horse Park and museum, movie, tours etc make for a great stay. Try it out and let me know. BTW, it is right on I-75 about .2 tenth mile from the exit, with easy access and diesel, gas and convenience store etc. at the same exit.
HAM CALLSIGN - AI4SR
EE, IBMer, Race Car Builder, now Retired.
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote