Old 01-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #11
Hatteras Island - NC

I know some don't care for the wide open feel of these campgrounds (no trees, just grass, sand, some concrete), but Camp Hatteras and the KOA in Rodanthe/Waves/Salvo are literally right on the water. We enjoy the KOA. We park 3 rows back from the dunes. Short walk using the walkway over the dunes and you're on the beach. You can walk across NC 12 and go crabbing in the sound. Check it out on Google Maps/Earth and you can see how narrow that portion of OBX is and how close you are to the water. Very quiet in that part of the OBX as well, as compared to Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, etc.
RWS is also known as the Tri-Village area. You'd have to drive to Avon to find larger stores (Ace Hardware, Food Lion) and a lot of restaurants.

NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #12
Campground Directories

Originally Posted by ApexBunk View Post
There was also a website recommended on this site that listed every campground by location but I can't find it via google.
RV Parky
Allstays App

johntaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #13
Spring & Summer Trip

We stay at a great campground Jellystone in Cosby TN. It is a small (about 70 spots) family owned and family friendly campground. It is clean as it can be and quite. Almost every spot on the stream, full hook ups with plenty of shade. Dave and Adam will welcome you as if you are a part of their family. All of what you will need, camp store, large game room, pool, hiking, hay rides, basketball court, horse shoes, corn toss, miniature golf, movies for the kids and most weekends entertainment. We have been going there for about 15 years and never get tired of it. About 12 miles from Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge and Dollywood. Climbworks zip line and mountain biking about four miles away that is absolutely mind blowing. I don't think you would be disappointed staying there.

Greeneville, TN
2500 HD, Coachman Freedom Express
25 nights camped in 2015, retiring Monday many more to come in 2016
jglaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:36 PM   #14
Originally Posted by johntaylor View Post

Don't forget

2012 Ford F-150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2012 Micro Lite 23lb

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Tim & Tracy, Jennifer (14), Alyssa (10), our dog Jazy (5)

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
Previous TV: 2006 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3L V8
2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2L I6
DisDad01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #15
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #16
JC Cooper Campground in the Kerr Lake Recreation Area. North Carolina.
2 Old Geezers
2 Labradorables
2015 Dodge Ram 1500-Rambo
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #17
Wow, thanks everyone!!! I love this site.
2016 Apex 300BHS
TV: 2005 Silverado Z71, 4x4 lowered and re-geared
ApexBunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #18
I haven't camped in Myrtle Beach in over 30 years with my parents but I have reservations for ocean lakes from July 30 - Aug. 6. Can't wait!!!! I also have reservations to stay in a cabin in Gatlinburg in October. Thought we would scout out the campsites in that area before camping there.
Ted (Physics Teacher, Retired HMCS(FMF) USNR
Beth (Daycare Owner)
Baxter (Dachschund) Molly (Chihuahua)
TT: Rockwood 2703WS
TV: 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
thanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #19

Try RV Parky app for android or RVParkReviews. Both are full of good info. I would also check out Passport America. Good deals can be found there but look carefully.
Another suggestion is to go to/through northern GA. In the Helen/Lake Hiawasee area. It is on the north western corner of the state. Really pretty and there are a few lakefront CG's right on the lake
IMHO Camp Hatteras wold be a fine choice. I don't particularly like KOA's. I always feel squished in and cramped.
Strigflag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:31 PM   #20
Keep in mind all the campgrounds along the ocean in the Myrtle Beach area are HUGE. All (pretty sure) have full hookups. As mentioned some sites have concrete pads but, most will be on sand or grass (poor quality grass though). Because they're so big, many of them have lots of amenities from pools (multiple), snack bars, adult bars, restaurants, playgrounds etc. But, I don't think open campfires are allowed in Myrtle Beach. I also think they all have easy access (walk) right out onto the beach.

But, plenty to do for the kids & adults.

"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is online now   Reply With Quote