Old 06-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #1

St. Andrews State Park, Panama city, Florida ... been there?

I was hoping to hear from someone that has camped there. It gets pretty good reviews. I was thinking of spending up to a week there. What do you think?
Thanks,
WW

Old 06-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #2

I have stayed there many times, I love it. There are deer in the park, you can scuba the jetties, and the beach is quite nice. Plenty of shaded spots and restroom facilities are nice and clean. the one thing I have noticed is there are a lot of kids on bikes and even driving golf carts around. You have to watch extra careful, even after dark they are in large groups. Last year we were stopped on the road loading our kayaks and it was getting dark , when we got loaded up and started to move the truck a group of like 25 kids on bikes went by us and split on both sides of the truck, like 10-13 year olds. And since the park is a loarge loop it was like they would take daddys jacked up golf cart all day and run laps in the park. That got old, but dont let that scare you I go there quite often and love it. I will be headed there in like 6 weeks to take my rescue dive class.

Hobie Kayaks
2008 F-250 Spartan Tuner
2012 Flagstaff
jtjohnston1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #3

Camped here in a tent one time for a week. We had a great time. Cool Alligator pond.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:15 PM   #4

We also have camped there dozens of times. St Andrews is a beautiful park. One of our favorites. Only complaint is it is also a very busy park. Lots of traffic and people during the peak season. They do cut off admission when the park is too busy.
Don't let this discourage you. It is a wonderful place to go. We plan to go back soon.

Mick
Old 06-18-2015, 07:38 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I am confused, I thought Florida state parks didn't allow carts?? Maybe it is up to the individual managers. I've volunteered at 4 parks and no private carts were allowed. The park has good reviews and photos certainly look good.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #6

There are definitely carts at St Andrews

Hobie Kayaks
2008 F-250 Spartan Tuner
2012 Flagstaff
jtjohnston1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:38 AM   #7

All Florida state parks allow golf carts now. We take ours everywhere we go. They are supposed to be street legal(lights...horn...mirrors..etc) and no unlicensed operators. Kid will be kids though. It's the parents fault for not observeing rules.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windjammer99 View Post
All Florida state parks allow golf carts now. We take ours everywhere we go. They are supposed to be street legal(lights...horn...mirrors..etc) and no unlicensed operators. Kid will be kids though. It's the parents fault for not observeing rules.
St.A does allow G/Carts. Golf cart Rules (Licensed drivers Only)! Yes kids will be kids the issue is (Parents need to be Parents)! Install a Key that is ONLY for your Cart,and keep it in your pocket! Youroo!!
Old 06-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #9

Learn something every day! So maybe I do need a golf cart??
Old 06-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #10

the only bad thing is the park is very hard to get reservations in