Old 07-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #81

Eisenhower was the LAST non politician to hold the highest office. History has recorded him as a good president. Tolls is a deceitful term for TAX, the only way to remove the tolls (highway) is for that particular road to be brought up to specs of the interstate highway system, and then deeded over to the federal gov't. That in turn, allows federal tax dollars (aka fuel taxes) to be used to maintain such road. Toll roads are not eligible for reimbursement from federal fuel tax dollars, because of the law double taxation. So, truckers who must keep logs, file for, and receive, reimbursement for federal fuel taxes paid at the pump for every mile driven on said toll roads.
Now, if you think the toll roads in your state are going away anytime soon, I would like to interest you in the Brooklyn bridge I own. Just kidding of course. It is up to all of us to hold those authorities accountable, for the level of service we get, related to the taxes (tolls) we dish out. The trucking industry, files, and receives tax credits, to offset the tolls they pay.You are also entitled to those same credits, because of the double taxation doctrine.Can you imagine what could happen if we all joined together. The record keeping is already done for you by EZ pass in this dicussion, all you need to do is file for a refund. Just sayin'

Old 07-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #82

I 95 is now closed to vehicles over 5 tons between exits 13 and 22 in Philadelphia due to the Democratic Convention. Basically from 76 to 676., esentially South Philly. Traffic will be redirected to other roads.

The restrictions are in effect through this coming Friday.

The restriction specifically mention motorhomes along with other types of vehicles.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #83

Snip...The trucking industry, files, and receives tax credits, to offset the tolls they pay.You are also entitled to those same credits, because of the double taxation doctrine.Can you imagine what could happen if we all joined together. The record keeping is already done for you by EZ pass in this dicussion, all you need to do is file for a refund. Just saying'

That would be awesome if we can get tax credits.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #84

Love'm or hate'm, I can tell you the advantage of tolls in Chicago. I drove up I-65 from Indiana to I-290/294 in Chicago during the blizzard of 1979. I- 294/94 (toll) passes east and north of O'Hare airport. I-290 (non-toll) passes south and west of O'Hare. Being a poor college student, I wanted to eliminate the several tolls on I-294 around O'Hare, so I took I-290. The decrease in the number of snow plows and the increase in the amount of snow on the road was immediately apparent. I quickly realized I should have stayed on the toll road.

Of course, by the time I hit Wisconsin, there was NO snow!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #85

For those concerned about the trailer thing in PA, this is directly from the EZ PASS website:

"I sometimes pull a camper or trailer with my vehicle.

Can I still use my transponder? Yes. On the Pennsylvania Turnpike, if the weight of the camper or trailer pushes you into a higher class of vehicle, the higher toll will be charged to your account. If you are traveling on other E-ZPass agency toll roads or bridges, please contact the appropriate agency for further information. Refer to the list participating agencies on FAQ # 2."

If they fail to catch the trailer, it's their fault ,not my problem. They say it should be caught. My experience and receipts show it doesn't see the trailer most of the time.
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
If they fail to catch the trailer, it's their fault ,not my problem. They say it should be caught. My experience and receipts show it doesn't see the trailer most of the time.
Stay out of Illinois. Their track record for getting my TT is pretty darn good!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:37 PM   #87

Delaware Memorial Bridge and EZ Pass

I was curious about the Delaware Memorial Bridge which connects New Jersey and Delaware. They have an RV alert on their web page which I am pasting below. However, I am not sure I understand what they are stating in the last sentence and how that affects the toll.

Also, how much is the toll? I didn't see the rates on their web site.

" RV and Camper E-ZPass Alert
As a vehicle enters a Delaware Memorial Bridge toll lane, the toll system reads both the number of axles and the vehicle profile. If a customer is towing a trailer or is operating a large recreational vehicle and enters a dedicated E-ZPass lane, the system may register the transaction at a commercial rate. To eliminate the potential for a misclassification, the DRBA advises customers to pay the toll manually. The E-ZPass transponder must be removed before entering the lane and placed in the read proof bag during the transaction.

In addition, all E-ZPass customers should always check their statements to make sure that the charges are accurate and immediately report any discrepancies to their customer service center. This alert does not apply to campers or RVs with dual tires. "

Old 07-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
For those concerned about the trailer thing in PA, this is directly from the EZ PASS website:

"I sometimes pull a camper or trailer with my vehicle.

Can I still use my transponder? Yes. On the Pennsylvania Turnpike, if the weight of the camper or trailer pushes you into a higher class of vehicle, the higher toll will be charged to your account. If you are traveling on other E-ZPass agency toll roads or bridges, please contact the appropriate agency for further information. Refer to the list participating agencies on FAQ # 2."

I wonder how they actually get a weight of our vehicles. A scale in the roadway that every vehicle crosses? Or scales in particular toll lanes? And is it a dynamic weight reading for moving vehicles? Will ones speed make a difference? Who certifies the accuracy of these scales?

When PA built the Blue Route, I 476, they had scales in the roadway installed at great expense. My understanding is they did not work. The state eventually removed those scales at great expense and inconvenience to the motoring public.

Will a CAT scale give you an accurate weight if you just drive across without stopping?

Bobby

Old 07-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #89

Do not feed the beast. Do not use toll roads. Fuel and License taxes are for the roads. Toll roads are more of a shame and theft. refuse to used them and allow them all to go belly up and go broke. Toll roads in reality restrict the ideals of free travel and movement. Any 'road' should not have a fee to travel on it. whether this travel is by car, bike, buggy or walking. Freedom of movement and travel is part of the American ethos.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:18 PM   #90

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote