Old 06-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #1

Suggestions for Vermont / NY State

Hi all,

Coming from Ottawa and the wife would like to go to Vermont or NY State before the year is out, I've done a lot of research but does anyone have suggestions?

We have a 27ft Class C, 3 kids, waterfront would be ideal.

Thanks for any help!

K

Old 06-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoms View Post
Hi all,

Coming from Ottawa and the wife would like to go to Vermont or NY State before the year is out, I've done a lot of research but does anyone have suggestions?

We have a 27ft Class C, 3 kids, waterfront would be ideal.

Thanks for any help!

K
Need more info. What are you looking for? State campground, RV park, KOA? What do you want to do? Tourist stuff, sightsee, hiking? Plenty of knowledge on hear to help!

Old 06-06-2016, 02:25 PM   #3

I guess pretty much anything, we don't leave the campground usually. A pool would be great for the older kids, or a really nice beach. There are SO MANY places and this is our first year RV'ing so any suggestions would be excellent.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #4

I would recommend Fish Creek Ponds Camp Ground...Family and I have been going there for years. Most sites on the water...no hookups...but just a beautiful place...

Good Luck!

2016 Days Camped - 31
2017 Camping Blues - ...
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoms View Post
I guess pretty much anything, we don't leave the campground usually. A pool would be great for the older kids, or a really nice beach. There are SO MANY places and this is our first year RV'ing so any suggestions would be excellent.
Being originally from the Adirondacks, I am partial to the woods and clear lakes. Most NY Adirondack State Campgrounds do not have hookups. They have water available (may need a tote), and dump stations but not electric. There are generator quiet hours. That said, I still love the campgrounds. Meacham Lake is beautiful, great guarded swimming area. Fish Creek, Rollins Pond area is the same. Not a lot to do in those areas except relax, hike, swim, fish. Lake George is pretty but the town is a little too touristy for my tastes. Blue Mountain Lake area is beautiful too. A must visit there is the Adirondack Museum! There is also a scenic railway in the area. On your way back to Ottawa, spend a few days in the 1000 Islands area. Great wooden boat museum in Clayton, tour the river and look at the island castles and mansions. Go to "ILOVENY.com for a ton of info. Vermont is beautiful too, I am familiar with Queechee Gorge State Park, very pretty and the Shelburne Museum is very interesting. Enjoy your trips!
Old 06-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #6

DW and I are headed to VT next week....1st time with TT. Planning on doing some fly fishing. We are staying at "Camping on the Battenkill"...located on the Battenkill River....not to far from NY and looks like they have fun stuff for kids to do...check them out.
Happy :us-flags-waving: Trails
2016 Silverado 2500HD Z71 6.0L 4:10 gears w/max. tow package
Reese Strait-Line WD
MainelyUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #7
RETIRED

Location: Home of the 4 time Super Bowl Champions Patriots. One more win and No. 5 is in sight.WAHOO
Apple Island Resort on Grand Isle Lake Champlain. Stuff to do in the campground(golf , marina, and a pool) and a short drive to Burlington. We'll be there July 4th. Queechi, Wilgus and Elmore are very nice stste parks. Wigus is on the Conneticut

2015 Jeep Cherokee
n-e-d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:18 PM   #8

We're from the Lake George region in upstate NY. We take our 3 grandkids to a new campground with huge sites, privacy & the largest heated outdoor pool in the northeast. It's called Moose Hillock Camping Resort. Only minutes from Lake George so you can visit the Lake & also there is a Six Flags Amusement Park within 10 miles. Check out the websites.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:23 PM   #9

I grew up on the Battenkill in Salem,NY, right next to Vt. My dad used to fish there all the time. By the way, it's a great tubing river and you go under 2-3 covered bridges. Very scenic.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:39 AM   #10

Thanks for info everyone, I got some homework to do!