Originally Posted by conceptumator
Just to address a lot of the discussion items I've seen above all at one time:
1. First, you need to understand that I-95 and I-4 are not toll roads, so the SunPass won't help you there. In fact, with the traffic and idiots driving those roads, I doubt anything short of a rocket launcher would help you. Good luck!
2. Yes - get the SunPass! The cost of it is nothing compared to the hassles, etc. without it. Getting around Orlando and the rest of the state easily requires using at least SR417, SR528 and the Florida Turnpike, all of which recognize the SunPass. If you don't have it, you best carry a LOT of quarters with you as several of the exits are unmanned and require exact change or a SunPass.
3. If you're towing a trailer, be sure to register the trailer's license plates with your SunPass account. Otherwise, they won't link the two together and you'll get a NastyGram telling you owe the tolls plus a penalty and/or fine. Not good.
4. Though I've never personally tried to reuse the sticker after peeling it off the windshield, they tell you it won't work. I do know the ones I peeled off fell apart during removal. If you take the old sticker in, they'll give you a new one to replace it at no charge, though you do have to do that at a service point for EPass or SunPass.
5. SunPass and Epass are not the same, but they are linked, so you can use either one at either toll road. Weird, I know, but most of the roads around Orlando will read Epass as you drive down the road and SunPass as you exit the road. Makes no sense, but that's how they do it.
6. When you put funds on the account, consider where you're planning to travel. I believe the turnpike from Orlando to Miami is about $12 each way, depending on your exits. To drive from NE Orlando to Disney is about $5 each way. That said, it is STILL well worth the expense to be able to stay off I-4! If you go to LegoLand from Disney, though, you will have to be on I-4, but not the super bad part of it.
Have fun, but get the pass. It also helps to keep you from being rear ended by someone at the toll booths!