Old 09-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
Who Dares, Wins

Question Sunpass needed for Disney, Sea World and Lego Land

So as the title says.. Trying to decide is it worth the $20 plus toll money added to get around for our trip to Disney and area this winter? We are staying at Ft Wilderness for the Disney part and think our route via 95 and 4 avoid the tolls.. After a week we are moving to the TT Orlando then checking out Sea World, and Lego Land. What is the recommendation? I see they can just send the bill plus the 2.50 admin fees but this would not get the savings is my assumption.

Now, I am checking the map of tolls and if it read it correctly we do not get any tolls. Does that seem correct to you all who are there all the time? Thanks.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:37 PM   #2

Toll roads in the Orlando area are SR528 from the beach to Orlando, the 408 and 417 loop roads around Orlando and the turnpike from south Florida through Orlando to just south of Ocala. If you avoid those roads, there are no tolls. Coming from the north on I95, take the I4 exit to Orlando and be toll free.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #3

We have the sun pass on our vehicle because we go to Florida every year. Any money not used sits on it till next year and we don't worry about ending up on an unmanned toll booth with no change. The SunPass site FAQ states
5. Can I pull a boat/trailer?
A: When towing, you can use the SunPass lanes. The toll for additional axle(s) will be calculated and deducted from your account balance during subsequent use.https://www.sunpass.com/faq
Old 09-05-2015, 10:11 PM   #4
Fulltime family RVer

I've done most of that except I have never been to Legoland. We have stayed at TTO a few times and have gone from there to SeaWorld a ton as well as Disney a ton. We've only been to Universal a couple of times.

That said, if you're driving from TTO to Disney, there is a back way that avoids a lot of 192 and stop and go traffic.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:43 PM   #5

We went with Sun Pass. Just because we could drive thru and not be bothered with toll stops. If you have the pass you just, keep driving along the road...the toll roads have overhead toll monitors. If you have to pay toll, then you pull over into the pay toll lanes.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-06-2015, 02:20 AM   #6

On our trip to Florida in Spring of 2015 we purchased a Sunpass window sticker at the Welcome center for about $5 from a vending machine. You then call and register your pass and apply it to your windshield and you are good to go.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:29 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelec View Post
On our trip to Florida in Spring of 2015 we purchased a Sunpass window sticker at the Welcome center for about $5 from a vending machine. You then call and register your pass and apply it to your windshield and you are good to go.
Gonna sell my truck this year, I wonder if the sticker will come off and still work?

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Gonna sell my truck this year, I wonder if the sticker will come off and still work?
Hey guy,
I work for the FDOT and have had to replace the windshield in my work van....so have removed the decal and placed on the new one. So my Best answer would to check it out at a windshield shop.....Good Luck
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 02:22 PM   #9
edt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
No can get new one free
Old 09-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #10

You pay something like $4.95 for the sticker and get $.95 in tolls...so basically it's free anyway. when you move it you keep the same account.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote