Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2015, 06:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
How about a follow up?
We are staying in Hide-a-way rv resort near Ruskin. SE of Tampa
The suncoast hwy is on the far side NW of Tampa from Ruskin.
It looks like we'd have to go right thru the center of Tampa to get
to 589?? It it worth it?
I'd then use I-75 to US27. The exit is near Ocala. You don't want to go through Tampa needlessly; IMO.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #22
Citrus County, Fl.

Another thought to avoid the construction on I-75 and to avoid going thru Tampa traffic to pick up the Veterans/Suncoast Pkwy would be to take I-75 from Ruskin to State Road 56 which is right after I-75 and I-275 merge (I think it is exit #275), go West on 56 which becomes 54 to 589 (Suncoast Parkway) and north to the end (Hwy 98) which will merge on US 19 South of Homosassa.

If you go this route, note that the exit for State Road 56 is about a mile long so if you miss it you can go to State Road 54 which is just past the rest area if you need to take a break.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:34 AM   #23

For many years we have traveled out and back to Top Sail state park in Santa Rosa from Sarasota. We used to make a two day trip with a stop in Williston, FL. Now we just do the trip in a day using I-75 to I-10. For me I would go 674 from Ruskin to I-75, to I-10 to ext 130, RTt. 231, down to Panama City. As stated earlier there is construction on I-75 starting above Dade City to just below Willwood, not bad, I was on it two weeks ago. After that the Interstate is in good shape.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
Another thought to avoid the construction on I-75 and to avoid going thru Tampa traffic to pick up the Veterans/Suncoast Pkwy would be to take I-75 from Ruskin to State Road 56 which is right after I-75 and I-275 merge (I think it is exit #275), go West on 56 which becomes 54 to 589 (Suncoast Parkway) and north to the end (Hwy 98) which will merge on US 19 South of Homosassa.

If you go this route, note that the exit for State Road 56 is about a mile long so if you miss it you can go to State Road 54 which is just past the rest area if you need to take a break.

DO NOT DO THIS!!! I live in & work in this disaster zone...

Take 75 to hwy 52 west to Suncoast (with tolls) to 98 (hwy 56/54 is a DISASTER right now on traffic light timing and the amount of traffic, hwy 50 runs you thru a lot of lights in Brooksville, but right past our dealer, Register ...we love). You will love the ease of the drive on 98 ...

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #25

Agree with above Highway 98, speed is 50-55,easy driving,just like Old Fla.,slow dow and enjoy life! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:18 AM   #26

I'm pretty late chiming into this...but when I use Google Maps to plan backroads trips (mostly motorcycling) I use the Options tab and select highways/toll roads. It comes up with much more interesting/entertaining routes right off the bat. Then I'll modify accordingly.
Having driven 98 many times along the Nature Coast/Forgotten Coast, I predict you'll really enjoy it... Best of luck!!

Cheers,

Joe
JoBu is offline   Reply With Quote