Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #1

Terrible Management at Ocean Waves NC

We planned a trip to OBX this coming summer at Ocean Waves. The CG is closed during the winter but they accept reservations by mail before March 15th. We submitted the paperwork several months ago and recieved a confirmation letter in February stating the reservation was accepted for the dates we requested.

Well, the CG is open now so we called to check and possibly pick a specfic site. Thank God we did, the staff told us that we DON'T have a reservation and we are on the waiting list. What was the point of the confirmation letter we recieved????? The staff was very nasty on the phone. The sarcastic comment to my wife was; you should have made the reservation sooner.

That put us into a frantic panic, can we find an open site somewhere soon??? Luckily Camp Hatteras up the road had sites available in July and we successfully booked our vacation, the staff was very pleasant and helpful.

FYI - If you have a reservation with Ocean Waves in the Outer Banks, make sure you call. Apparantly the paper isn't worth the ink printed on it.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #2

That's odd. Been going there for years. The couple that owns/operates the campground are some of the nicest people I've ever met. They are small and fill up very fast though.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #3

That may be true, written reviews in general always have good and bad experiences based on an individuals interests.

My point that I wanted the FRF community to be aware of is to check your reservations because apparantly a confirmation letter is not a gurantee with this CG. Ours mentioned nothing about a waiting list.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #4

I've never made reservations that way, can't ever plan that far in advance. I always call and let them tell me when they can accommodate ....lol
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote